A Gift For You (Boom Story)

The beach was beautiful. The waves crashed majestically. Even the wind was ever so delicately brushing against the trees. It was a wonderful day. A peaceful day.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no!"

Or, at least, it was for anyone but Amy.

"Amy, calm down!" Tails exclaimed as he pulled his goggles off his eyes. A wrench was in his hand, currently in the bolt of a metallic contraption he'd made. Amy was behind him, seemingly having a panic attack.

"Yes," Rosa added, her two pink tails lifting some wrapping paper as she hammered a nail into Tails' creation. "It is not the end of the world if you do not have a present for Sonic."

Amy gave her the stink eye. "But I've given each of you a birthday present! What kind of friend would I be if I didn't get one for Sonic?" She pulled out her hammer. Where she pulled it out from, no one seemed to know. Then again, no one seemed to ask either. "He contributed something to my hammer too you know..."

Back when the friends had barely known each other, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles came together to make a hammer for Amy so she could easily defend herself. They called it an early birthday present. Ever since then, Amy had tried to be punctuate about giving them a birthday present too. That was, unless she forgot...

Drill sounds echoed in the workshop. "Well, it's not too late to go out and find something for him you know." Tails explained. "It's not like shops are closed or something." Sonic's birthday was in June and not on a holiday where stores would be closed.

Rosa gave a nod and flew up to the ceiling of Tails' workshop. She planted her black shoes on the wall and gave a tug, yanking a rolled-up sheet of paper from its place. As she landed, she brushed dirt off her purple pleated skirt. "In my time here, I have been able to make a map of every single location on the island, including shops." She unrolled the map and showed Amy. "See, there are billions of places you can go. The desert has a wonderful souvenir shop, my wintry village has the most amazing sculptors, and the forest is full of all sorts of nick-nacks for DIY." She re-rolled the map up and handed it to Amy.

"This is awesome! Thank you! Sonic will have a present in no time!" She tucked the map away much like her hammer. After she did, a sudden thought came to mind. "I do have to know, how are you hiding THAT from Sonic?" She motioned toward the gigantic racing center Tails was working on. It had a loop-de-loop, sharp turns, and Tails even had to make the front of his workshop open like a garage door just so the contraption could make it outside. Amy even had to announce who she was at the door so Tails would let her in.

"Oh, Knuckles and Amethyst are covering that." Tails explained, hammering in a nail on the top of the loop-de-loop.

Out of all the people who would be sent to distract Sonic, Amy never thought it would be the two guardians. Amethyst was a hedge-tiger, a warrior who guarded one of the Ancients' temples. Knuckles did the same thing, although there was no real reason for him to protect his temple anymore. Sonic was the only one who knew the location of the Chaos Crystals after sending them away, so, there was no need to keep a map hidden.

Amy chuckled at what Sonic, Knuckles, and Amethyst could be doing at the moment. She figured Amethyst was at the exit of her temple waiting for the two while Sonic did some risky parkour in her temple. Knuckles would likely be warning the hedgehog of traps. If Amy had to guess anything, it was that the temple running was the guardians' birthday gift.