April Fools (Gotcha!)

This is an April Fools story I made on the 1st of April in 2021. I worked all day on the story to get it out on time.
___________________________

"April Fools! Gotcha!" Said a couple of friends as they walked down the street, each laughing.

April Fools, the first day of April. People had already begun to prank one another and the day barely started. Blaze was watching the pranks unfold, undeterred by the holiday. She sighed.

"Hey Blaze." Silver walked by and gave a small wave.

"Hello Silver, how are you today?" Blaze asked, wanting to get her mind off the pranks that people were doing.

"Alright," Silver sat down next to Blaze. Yet another kid had gotten pranked, this time about his shoelaces. "What is April Fools Day? I keep hearing people say that."

Guess she wouldn't be able to forget the holiday so easily. "April Fools Day is a day when people play jokes and pranks on each other. No one really knows exactly how it originated. After the prank or joke, the person shouts 'April Fools!' to whoever they managed to trick." She sighed as she looked down. "These childish games may all be in fun, but they can be dangerous."

"Dangerous?" Silver didn't think that a few innocent pranks could be considered dangerous. However, he just found out about the holiday today, so who was he to question?

"Pranks can get so out of hand that it can get repetitive. I have many a time had to save someone because the pranked people so often that no one bothered to help them when they were really in immediate danger." Blaze revealed. One time a young girl in the Sol Dimension had said that burglars were going to rob everyone's house. Each time it was a joke, however when the joke became reality, no one would listen. Blaze was lucky she had shown up when she did, or else the entire village would have been robbed blind.

She looked up from the pavement and hopped off the ledge she had been sitting on.

There was a loud ring. Silver looked at his communicator as he hopped down as well. "Silver! It's Eggman! Someone said he's here in the park with a load of robots!" Said Sonic's voice on the communicator.

"Okay, I'm on my way!" Silver flew up and headed down the street.

Blaze called after him. "Silver! Just be careful of those pranks okay?"

Silver looked back, still flying in midair. "Don't worry about me Blaze! I can handle a few innocent pranks!" He flew toward the center of Emerald City. He saw Sonic standing in the center of the park.

"Hey Sonic. Where are the robots?" Silver asked as he landed next to the azure hedgehog.

"I don't know...what a minute." Sonic started. "We've been duped." His body slumped a little as he realized this.

"April Fools!" A brown falcon followed by a yellow and teal hedgehog came out from behind a building.

"Arrow? Enzo?" Silver scratched the back of his head. "So, this was all a prank?"

"Yep, and you fell for it." Enzo fist-bumped Arrow.

Sonic sighed. "I don't have time for this. Call me if Eggman really does decide to attack." He boosted away, leaving everyone in a thick cloud of dust.

Silver was left with Arrow and Enzo. "What's your problem? This is something serious!"

Blaze ran over. She gave a quick glance at the two pranksters. "I should have known. Arrow, Enzo, that was very irresponsible. Imagine what would have happened if Eggman really did decide turn evil and attack again!"

Sonic Story Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें