Into The Tundra (Boom Story)

It all happened so fast. Everyone was getting all the festivities ready for the upcoming holiday when the storm blew in. Clouds so large and dark threatened rain, but something worse came instead. With the crackle of thunder and whip of lightning, white powdery snow came pouring down, covering the ground below.

In the mist of the panic and chaos as everyone was clamoring for shelter, a young pink fox was hurrying through Hedgehog Village with an unknown destination in mind. The snow trickled down at a quickly, creating a white haze. Nothing could be seen within a foot of the pink fox's head.

Her grey boots clomped against the white covered ground as a she grabbed her purple coat more tightly and held onto her hood. Luckily, she thought to grab her ski goggle or seeing would have been even more difficult. Her two tails wrapped themselves around her body, keeping her as warm as they could. A scowl crossed her face as she tried to shield her eyes from the still pouring snow. "I am moving out of Ice Cap Village when this is all done."

At last, she reached a small wooden porch to the pink house. She's checked everywhere. Gogoba Village, Hedgehog Village (three times), the workshop, the now snowy beach, and even tried her luck with Sonic's house and that was the last place she could think of for them to be. No door. Yikes. Taking a deep breath, the fox knocked on the purple door of the quaint cottage.

Only a few seconds later, the wooden slab opened and out came a gasp. "Oh dear! You poor thing!" Amy exclaimed, trying her hardest to keep the door steady from the wind. "Come in, quickly! You must be freezing!" She practically yanked the fox inside her house as she pushed the door closed.

Once the fox was inside the warm house, she unraveled her scarf and took a look around. Amy seemed to be the type of person who enjoyed interior decorating. Each color in her house complemented each other. The tables were straight, and the paintings were even. Even the counters of the kitchen looked spotless.

As the pink fox looked around, her eyes laid themselves on the couch where a blue hedgehog, red echidna, yellow fox, and orange badger sat and stared at her. It was quite the uncomfortable experience with all eight of those eyes on her. "Apologies for the intrusion." The pink fox stated. She was about to continue when she was interrupted.

"Why were you even out there? It's much too cold to be wandering around." Tails inquired, his own two tails swaying rhythmically behind him.

Sticks squinted at her. "Maybe she's an ice fairy from the planet Frozine, disguised so the unsuspecting wouldn't think anything of it! They love the cold and freezing your dreams!"

Everyone looked at the badger, either shaking their heads in dismay or cocking their heads to try and figure out what she had just said.

The pink fox just sighed. "I assure you; I am not one of these 'ice fairies.' In fact, I have been looking for you. Never would I have thought the five of you would be in Amy's house though."

"Well, it's not like we'd go to my house." Sonic stated, sitting up from his slumped position. "You know, the lack of doors...and windows...it'd get quite cold in there when the beach is made of snow and not sand."

"Why don't you have any doors or windows Sonic?" Knuckles asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Says the guy who lived out in the open on top of a temple for years. You even lived on an island before that. I'm pretty sure there aren't any doors or windows there."

Knuckles opened his mouth before reconsidering. "Fine, you've got a point."

The pink fox looked around. "I traveled miles to give you a message. May I please speak?" Everyone nodded and motioned for her to continue. "Thank you. My name is Rosa and I come from the Ice Cap Village in the snowy region of the island."