98. Face Your Fears, Eren Yeager

Start from the beginning

Mikasa's eyes widened a bit and she looked down.

"Mikasa... I know very well why you joined the Survey Corps." Eren said. "You always put my life before yours. So, this is the least I can do."

Mikasa looked up at him. "Then what about your happiness?"

Eren pecked her scar and smiled. "I am happy just being by your side."

Mikasa smiled and hugged him tightly. "Oh Eren."

Eren hugged her back. "How about we marry the day we met?"

Mikasa looked up at him and smiled. "Great idea." She nuzzled her face in Eren's chest. "I don't want a big wedding by the way."

Eren put her head on Mikasa's head. "Yeah. A cold winter night wedding."
.
.

One and a half year had passed and winter came around quickly.
.

It was the wedding night of Eren and Mikasa which was held near their cabin, under the tree.

The pathway down the aisle was a gorgeous red carpet.

The surroundings was decorated with torches and flowers.

The whole area was filled with a lot of guests.

Kiyomi, Reiner, Annie, Pieck, Falco, Gabi, Udo, Zofia, Yelena, Zeke, Onyankopon, Niccolo, Eren's grandparents, Marco, Hitch, Pixis and a large part of the Survey Corps were present there.
.

Under the tree, in front of the wedding officiant, there stood Eren, wearing a tuxedo, patiently waiting for Mikasa to walk down the aisle.

Armin was standing by the archway next to Eren, being his best man.

Armin turned to Eren with a smile. "Eren, Are you nervous?"

"To be honest, a bit." Eren replied.

"Really?" Armin asked and chuckled.

"Yeah. I mean it's something I never imagined would happen. So..." Eren said and chuckled awkwardly.

"That's understandable." Armin said.

After some moments, the wedding music started playing and the guests stood up.
.

Eren looked ahead and smiled brightly at the sight.
.

Mr. Ackerman was walking Mikasa, who was holding a bouquet, down the isle, arm in arm.

Before them, the flower girl and the ring bearer, Louise walked, holding a pillow with two rings on it.
.

Armin smiled brightly. "Now you're getting married to her for real, Eren!"

Eren didn't say anything as he was so excited and nervous.

Then, both of them made eye contact and blushed deeply and smiled.

When Mr. Ackerman and Mikasa finally reached Eren, Mr. Ackerman placed Mikasa's hand into Eren's and lifted her veil.

Mikasa gave the bouquet to Sasha, her maid of honor and took Eren's hands, as they faced each other, both blushing and smiling.

Eren leaned into Mikasa's ear. "You look gorgeous, Mika."

Mikasa blushed and smiled.

The marriage officiant started talking while Eren and Mikasa just stared at eachother.

A few people went there to give a small speech.

Then it was their turn to exchange vows.

Eren took a deep breath and looked at Mikasa. "I still remember that day we met, Mika. It wasn't a very pleasant meeting though. But still, it was a memorable one. When I wrapped my scarf around you, I already knew that you're someone special. You've done a lot of things for me. You sacrificed your childhood just to protect me and I was dumb enough to not understand your obvious love for me. "
.