His chest was rising and falling but that was the only sign of him being alive other than the heart monitor.

"I mean yeah...his body's breathing but..is he there?" Lucas mumbled. "I mean...it's been 3 weeks...he might never wake up."

"Get out." I pointed to the door trying not to sound too angry with them for what they said. There's no way he's not there. He has to be.

"What? Why? We're only trying to help!" Max yelled back in response.

"Well you're not so out. I won't tell Eddie's uncle what you said as long as you leave right now." I sighed before lowering my arm to my side.

"I don't get why you even care...I mean you only knew Eddie for a few days, Steve. Why do you get a say on how his life should be?" Lucas stepped closer to me with a frown. "If anything it should be Hellfire who has the say we were way closer to him."

While Lucas was right...I couldn't help but be hurt by his statement. I mean yes, I knew him well 9 years ago...but things change. People change. Did I only like him for our past?

I let out a long sigh before sitting down and leaning my head back to look at the ceiling.

Max hit Lucas with her elbow in the side before shooting him a glare and grabbing his hand "We'll leave you be...just...think about it, okay?"

"Okay" I mumbled under my breath as they walked out the door.

The sounds of clanging came from ahead of me causing me to look down.

"That was rough..." Robin awkwardly smiled from her now revealed seat that was behind the curtain before she moved it.

"Rob...were you listening to that whole thing?"

"I mean...most of it..." Robin fiddled with the rings on her fingers. "enough to know that they're just trying to get their old Steve back."

"What do you mean? I'm still here. I'm alive and well...unlike others."

Robin sighed before getting up from her chair "but you aren't mentally well, Steve. While you put on a fake smile for everyone...it's so obvious you're hurting."

I couldn't come up with anything to respond to her with. She was right. I was hurting...but I really thought I was hiding it well. "It's that obvious?"

Robin shrugged before stepping behind me and grabbed my shoulders. "I mean...I know how you're feeling...so that's an unfair advantage on my part."

I nodded before tilting my head back to look at her. "Should I... bring Eleven in? Do you think it'll do anything? She doesn't know Eddie..."

Robin lightly rubbed my shoulders while giving a sympathetic smile down at me "I mean...there's nothing to really lose with her coming in."

"But there is Robin...if he's not there..."

"Then maybe it's time to let him go." Robin cut me off.

"I can't...I can't do that." I slowly removed her hands from my shoulders.

"Steve..." Robin's eyebrows furrowed.

"After Dustin...this is the only hope I have left...I can't expect you to understand. I know I sound crazy...and selfish..." I got up from my chair to stand facing Robin.

"You're not crazy or selfish Steve... you lost two of the people you cared about in less than 24 hours. It hasn't even been a month since it happened. You're allowed to grieve."