JENNIE: I guess you can imagine that I'm considering kicking you out right now and never having to see you again.

Lisa looks at me, she looks like she's about to burst into tears and it pisses me off. Really pissed off. She swallows.

LISA: I... -she thinks for a while. -If you fire me, or don't hire me or whatever, I'll understand.

I was going to answer her but she cut me off.

LISA: But I really need this job, I'm very good at it, I'm reliable and I'm going to do my best. Really, I promise you that if you give me this opportunity I won't let you down.

I look at her in silence. I can't fire her now, I'm trying to calculate the deadlines we have by considering a new search, plus interviews, plus hiring, and I can't find a way to make it viable. We have to finish the energy drinks project and at the rate we're going I don't even know if starting right now we'll make the date.

LISA: I'm really sorry for everything I said the other day, I didn't really mea....

I cut her off.

JENNIE: Don't you dare.

I feel my face burning, I stand up and Lisa shrinks back in her chair.

'Who's the midget now, you stupid fuck.'

JENNIE: Don't you dare apologize for that now. The minute you find out I'm your boss it's too easy to be sorry. Don't you dare. If you do something like that you have to take the consequences and shut the fuck up.

Lisa lowers her head, says nothing.

JENNIE: Ever since I saw you standing next to Jimin with that stupid expression I've wanted to throw you out on the street and I've been crunching numbers and calculating how much I'd have to work to make the deliveries on time if I hired someone else. And I can't, there's no physical time for that.

LISA: I understand...

JENNIE: I can make an effort and you'll get a kick out of it. -I said with contempt.

Lisa's face turned completely red remembering her words.

JENNIE: But don't think you're going to come in and succeed. You're going to wish you hadn't walked through this door, and the minute there are too many people, I assure you, you're going to be the first to leave.

LISA: Yes, I understand.

JENNIE: Yes, Miss Kim.

She looked at me in embarrassment.

LISA: Yes, Miss Kim.

JENNIE: Now go down to the cafeteria and get me a coffee with warm milk, lots of foam and saccharine. I'll leave the memory of the project we're working on on your desk and as soon as you bring me up the coffee and you'll start working.

LISA: All right, Miss Kim.

Lisa POV

Great. My life is great. The day I was born, God, Buddha, or I don't know who, made a ball with all the bad luck in the world and threw it on my face. That's the only explanation I can find for this situation.

I have an astonishing ability to always make the worst decisions, I know that. But I think the consequences are sometimes unconscionable. The only thing I should have done the day Jisoo came home crying was to comfort her and let it go. But I didn't. Of course I didn't. I never let things go and then things go over me.

My first day at the office was hell. Jennie was very determined to make me hate work. I arrived early in the morning and by the time I left it had been dusk for several hours. I spent the whole day filling out reports, bringing her coffees and preparing the roadmap for the project we are going to carry out. Every time I told Jennie the ideas I had, she criticised them and I had to start from the beginning. It was very frustrating.