Chapter 26: An Exhausting Midnight

"Good evening, Holy king," Joanne's eyes glimmered despite the lack of pupils. 

"Good evening too," said the old man. He sat beside Jista with Romilda just standing beside him. Jista never felt so nervous in his life exchanging words with the king of a nation, "I believe this is my first time meeting you, Leader Jista Kierre, I'm Reggie Benett Warren IV," Reggie whipped a hand.

"Nice to meet you as well, Holy king Reggie," they exchanged palms, with Jista's filled with grease and sweat. 

"Well, good evening to all," he pointed to his left with open palms, "Hannibal Ghjelo, Great Ælhelmia's Lead Plenipotentiary," he said with a proud voice and form.

"I am the Seeh-an Autocratic Theocracy's Bishop of International Affairs, Dean Almogera," as he arose, his hand on his chest. 

"Representative of the High Primordial Council and the Lorriean Republic, Joanne Green," Joanne smiled and lowered herself before everyone, yet others near her formed a face induced by prejudice, one such is the bishop. Although she lacks an important eye feature, she is not blind. In fact, an eye better than most, as such, the bishop's repugnance and abhorrence is as obvious as the man a seat apart from her profusely sweats. 

"And finally, Ambassador Carl Vinson," the one beside Joanne. 

"I also welcome all the other Secretaries, Ministers and diligent Prime Ministers that are here to participate with our urgent meeting," he looked behind him where the Ministers are seated, he even nodded to the Agnes in uniform. He continued, "Let us all be seated," they sat in unison.

Reggie sat with a loud grunt, he wore his glasses as he laid forward and rests his elbows to the table, "Firstly, I apologize for the inconveniences I have brought to all of you great people. Normally, I do not force others into joining us here today, but such important matters are needed to be addressed. What lies within the five hours we have, will determine the future of the world. Thus, we need immediate action, and save the world as fast as we could," a brilliant starter. Romilda in the same green dress came up to his side and gave documents for him to read. She left shortly after, "As we all know by now, the Dark Father named Ophuthis, is currently taking action in the Swargon Eastern Elven Empire, who's peacefully living their lives, despite the hardships they always undergo. But the existence of Evil and his yet to be unraveled reason for destroying the Empire, have bought more problems to their country than what they already have. I will not beat around the bush and say: I have conjured up this meeting to start the Alliance, intelligent races such as humans and other humanoids have always longed for. To bring birth of a new hope, to drive the evil that is Ophuthis. I hope and expect the listeners of this speech have functioning brains to know what is good for the future or not," as the Secretaries at the back records and writes every important detail Reggie says, the one at the inner table tensed up a little.

"I tell you all this, this is the best move for us to safely travel, without worry, that is the unknown: the future. If someone here has a suggestion for a better plan, I am open to hear everyone's thoughts. Until then, I do not need your judgement or answer to my proposal that is the Alliance tonight, but expect an answer soon. Again, I am the twelfth Holy king of the Holy Realm of Hidiea, Reggie Benett Warren IV. Good evening, everyone," all, including Jista clapped at the marvelous speech. Hannibal was the first to voice a thought, "This is not my answer, but hypothetically, Ælhelmia joined the Alliance, what is your plan next, Holy king?" 

"I'm glad you asked. What I plan as soon as we have all agreed, is to request military soldiers, about five to ten thousand in each country here with us tonight, and send the total army to the Empire and destroy it." 

"What is the purpose of that exactly?" 

"Well, I believe that by the time we form the army, the Empire is now under the Demon Lord's rule. Assuming there are still survivors, we can take that chance to take back the land and prevent the Demon Lord from doing any more actions. Although this plan won't necessarily hurt his total power, by destroying the fruit of his work, we can stop him for at Least a week and in turn, can buy us more time."