Chapter 28: The 12th Devil Master, Part II

The battlefield was very one sided but the strength and determination of the commander of the Holy order frightened Rei.

Currently, he is with the other four Chiefs: Avan, Tyu, Yorn and Qwo sitting inside a fairly large tent with the two Devil Masters, Orroite Ridorio and Vern Vestus. To Rei, it still somewhat felt weird to be with the same room who slaughtered his brother and many other Orcs but since he was revived, in reality he doesn't have the right to be mad or weirded out, including the caring they received and that they're fed well, they actually even be indebted to the Demon Lord. Others may call it cowardice or disgraceful, but to Rei who prioritized his long-term desires, there was no other way.

They watched the battle unfold as she tears through the Orc's formation with her sheer resoluteness about killing the entire Orcan army. Although she already killed around a thousand tough Orcs, it is still not nearly enough to say that she killed one percent of the army. She just defeated the Giant skeletal Magma the red hooded Mage spawned and now the Mage is currently losing. If this was a battle between the Mage and the commander of the Holy order alone, the answer is as clear as the Orichalcum armor the flying demons wore earlier.

Rei and his other comrades are not presently outside to watch this all unfold, but they are viewing this through a spell the faceless monster activated inside the comfort of their tent.

"And there goes the sword through the mage," Avan's tone plummeted like he was watching a sports tournament and his team is losing.

"That insufferable fool," Annoyed Orroite gripped the arm of the chair she sat so hard it may snap.

"Look, that mage turned to ashes!"

"Avan, we're with Lady Orroite, shut your mouth," one muttered.

The standing Vestus beside the sitting Orroite said as he looked towards her. "So, Orroite, what next? Looks like your sister can put up a fight."

The Orcs looked at her so fast in unison. After seconds of silence, they began looking at each other.

"Pardon my question, Lord Vestus, is that woman, Lady Orroite's sister?"

"Well-"

"She was my sister. It feels shameful to admit that that fool flows the same blood as me."

"Both of you were saved by Lord Ophuthis, correct? The two of you helplessly crying in front of your burned house where your other sibling and your mother died right? Or was that all just rumors?"

"It's true. But soon enough she threw the mercy Lord Ophuthis gave us and betrayed him."

Avan pointed into the screen that made them see the battlefield, "Lady Orroite, a white army approaches." 

Orroite leaned over to inspect the army approaching using the screen. She squinted her eyes and asked her fellow Devil Master, "Whose army is that?"

"They wave the flag of the Seeh-an Autocratic Theocracy."

"Reinforcements?"

"Possibly."

"Those wretched insects. We shall end this here and now. It's not a good thing for the Servant of the Supreme to prolong this child's play any longer."

"Let me ask you again, what's next?" Vestus' plan all along was to test this fellow Master of his, her management and strategic abilities. It has been centuries since the first rampage, he has long since forgotten.

"You lot!" she pointed to the four sitting Orcs.

"Yes, Lady Orroite," they responded swiftly as they bowed down.