Chapter 2: Faith does not guarantee

Kind creators of the world, makers of the universe. Sounds holy and mighty, uplifting and hopeful, but hope barely exists in this world drowned in damned.

The Gods who bestow life and all that exist, teachings of religious extremist, and their religion: Ma Tristinity, a phrase shortened for just the latter word. A word play using the most common of language, a word that means, "The Thirteen." The name is a reflection of the thirteen Gods, whom each control a vital element of the world. Each region varying in which Gods to fully worship, but all understands to all praise the entire thirteen, including Lues, the God of Hell, as his existence is said to bring balance to the world.

The Gods are made in mythology, but individuals who are in the end of all hope, seeks refuge in figures not real, in order to feel the sense of closure and uses their existence as a last resort.

He folds both knees as he bows his head before the almighty depiction of the God of war, Omien O'thertha. An image carved from marble, depicting the God carrying a head, separated from its body. The God in armor, yet face left to open to see. Conspiracies as to whom that head belongs, some speculate, it is the head of Lues himself, being killed by Omien because of the God's evil deeds.

Stories aside, Mavrick wholeheartedly beseeching upon the holy grace, the God's wisdom, power and strength needed for their upcoming victory. Inside this temple he prays, in Henor. The afternoon sun pierces through the eye level windows, signifying the sun's demise for the day; sunset. Tristinity says that when a war befalls two oppositions, if both are religious, the prayer meant for a certain God, only listens to those worthy and is judged correct. Mavrick prays confidently that they are worthy enough for the God's cooperation. Although they are rebels, they are rebels for good. Rebels who fought for freedom against the ruler that is selfish. Inside this relatively large chapel, no one but him asks for the being's glory.

As the Art of Power are said to have been created by the Gods themselves, many living beings today worship idols and statues of these Gods. But some left speculative, as they have not seen the Gods themselves, some say it is not real, and powers exist by the laws of the world. But even so, the worshippers heavily outweigh the wise.

"A war concludes as plans and tactics overcome those who oppose. A war does not sway through miraculous means, Mavrick," as he kneels and closes his eyes, a voice that echoed through the halls, a voice familiar enough for him identify.

"Still is not a believer, I hear?"

"Was, for what it is worth. But now, never."

Mavrick scoffed and the voice continued, "For you see, a battle is similar that of a wave, in an ocean. A wave representing each faction, each opposition. Two waves whom set to clash to one another, two waves that are filled with bloodlust, and proclaimed this deadly decision for they craved something beneficial to them, whilst the enemy, the wave, exists as they too, need of that 'something' or that they will defend that thing which another wants. Those two waves collapse, and intertwine, and what's left is the result. The bigger wave has a high chance of survival, but one mustn't underestimate the brains of the smaller. No God of yours can change the course of war, my friend," even while Mavrick shuts his eyes, he can decipher the voice nearing him. And while that voice walks closer for a talk, and not for assassination, Mavrick finally opened his eye to glance at the man.

"Jista. Your choice of imaging is very... Unique, to say the least," as he sees the face of his old friend, his fidus achates, he looked back at the statue, and stood up.

"Well, I am not particularly known for my wording," he opened his arms as he expresses his humility.

"But that imaging of yours may be turned against you. You forgot one thing, Jista, the Gods are the wind, they can give an advantage or disadvantage to either wave. In truth, the Gods as wind fit your narrative perfectly."