The Fast and The Furriest

Start from the beginning

"Hey, this is a real problem, Donnie." Raph began. "Not only did they steal your tank thing–"

"Now you can finish your drill," Mikey cheered, which was too positive in this stressful situation.

"But they also must know where our lair is, " Raph continued. "It must be somebody who's penetrated our inner circle. "

"Maybe even someone we've known," Donnie furrowed his eyebrows. "For years... "

Eli knew what he meant immediately.

"Oh boy..." She placed her hand on her forehead.

•••

The door of the apartment was being knocked down by Donnie, who was behind it with his foot being raised up in mid-air. He barged in along with his brothers, but only Eli refused to join in as she stood beside the doorway, waiting for the drama to begin.

"Alright, you!" He pointed at April, who sat on the couch calmly with her pet - Mayhem. "Where's our Turtle Tank?!"

"I'm so going to enjoy this..." Eli mumbled with a grin. She took out a snack, holding up a chip, and swallowed it.

"Hi...Donnie," April replied with a broad, fake smile. Mayhem, who got curls on his furry head, glared at the turtles. "You have nine seconds to tell me why you just broke my door,"

"Someone stole Donnie's Turtle Tank," Leo popped up from the gang and explained to her.

"Oh, I see," April chuckled. "So as your best friend, you naturally suspect me."

"She gets it," Mikey cried out.

In the background, Eli had already finished the whole snack. She folded it into a ball and threw it into the nearest bin.

"Ho-ho, don't give me that," Donnie scoffed. "You're the only one who could have taken it–"

"Three," April held up her bat and hit at her palm gently.

"Two," Eli stuck out her fingers and counted down as well.

"One." The turtles' expression changed from confidence, to completely frightened. Donnie smiled nervously.

Cut to the scene of the colorful city when some painful sounds were heard, coming along with a smack as the turtle brothers all got kicked out of April's apartment and landed in the nearest alley. Raph was the first to land on the ground.

"Okay, good news," Donnie began, rubbing his head. "Our inner circle is now secure,"

"Sorry, April!" Mikey cried out, and Eli landed right beside him. "Movie night later?"

"Your treat," April stood at the edge of the window, blowing a kiss at them before closing the window.

"Alright guys," Donnie said next while they gathered around in a circle. "Who's our next suspect?"

"It's gotta be someone who knows we exist," Raph gave another theory, thinking deeply.

"But who might be?" Eli questioned with her eyes furrowed.

Mikey gasped all of the sudden, causing the girl to look back at him.

"Splinter..."

"Dad?" She followed her older's word, even more confused than ever.

But instead of answering back, Mikey put his hand on his forehead and pulled out an actual splinter.

"Must be from April's bat."

Eli stared at him deadpan. Mikey realized her gaze and felt wondered by his little sister's expression.

"What? What did I miss?"