He Confesses His Love - Michael Clifford Imagine

"Michael!" you squealed, not expecting his hands to grab at your hips while you were trying to get your front door open. The ground seemed to be spinning while you struggled with the key. You slammed the door open once you finally got it. Michael walked closely behind you as you navigated through your dark house. The two of you crashed against your wall and followed through the same routine that you always did. When you woke up the next morning you rolled over, Michael wasn't there, as usual. Your head was pounding and the room was far too bright for you. As you climbed out of bed you saw Michael's clothes still on the floor. You grabbed a pair of shorts and a tshirt before making your way downstairs. Michael was sitting at your counter with a bowl of cereal in front of him, still only wearing his boxers. "You're still here" you stated. "Do you want me to leave?" he asked. "No, it's fine. Usually you leave before I wake up" you said, grabbing a bowl of cereal for yourself. You shook a bottle of Advil to ease your headache, "Want some?" you asked. "Give me two" he said. You set down the pills next to him as you chugged down yours. "What are you doing today?" you asked, taking a bite of your cereal. "I don't know, hanging out with the guys maybe" he said, staring into his nearly empty bowl. "Going to the club tonight?" you asked. "Maybe" he replied. This shocked you slightly. Michael always went to the club, you'd both get drunk and end up hooking up. Then the next morning after you'd act just like the usual friends that you were, nothing more. You wished for something more, you wanted a relationship with Michael. The problem was Michael didn't go for girls like you. Michael went for girls with lots of money and tons of fans just like him. The only time he had for you was at the bar and in bed. You watched as he silently got up, walking out of the kitchen. You frowned into your cereal, you wanted to kiss his lips before he left, feel the way his muscles moved under the thin material of his shirt, the way his strong arms wrapped around you, the taste he left in your mouth. There's no way this would ever grow into more than friends with benefits. You heard your front door close, he was gone.
Michael met up with his friends later, they all knew where he spent the night before. "Dude, when are you two going to be official?" Luke asked. "We won't" Michael replied. "What happened?" Ashton asked, now concerned. "Nothing happened, I just...I didn't leave like I always do. I stayed, and she treated me like she'd treat one of you. It's so different when we're drunk. I'm starting to think I'm abusing her, what if she doesn't even like me? What if it's just because she's drunk?" Michael said, dropping his head into his hands. "Why don't you just tell her how you feel? Obviously you've hooked up numerous times so she has to be okay with it" Calum said, looking up from his phone. "I know she doesn't feel the same way. She doesn't date guys like me. She dates smart guys who spend their time reading books and drinking coffee" he stated. Luke spoke up, "Would you just tell her how you feel before someone else does". "Fine" Michael said, "I'll tell her"
You got a text from Michael later on, "Wanna go out later?". "Which club?" you replied assuming he meant for drinks. "No, like, on a date" he sent back. Shocked, you checked to see if it was really Michael who texted you. Maybe he texted the wrong person? "Sure. What did you have in mind?" you replied. Michael explained how he was going to take you out to dinner and then you'd go back to his house later. Is he trying to wine and dine me before we hook up? you thought. Either way, you got ready for the night not knowing whether to dress up or not. Dinner with Michael was great, but he was acting so differently. He seemed more nervous than usual and he wasn't acting like he normally did. Not nearly as many jokes were thrown into his responses. Once you got back to his place you figured it was going to end like every night ended, but this time you'd be leaving in the morning. Instead, Michael led you to the couch where you sat down next to him. "Y/N" he said, looking at you. "Yea?" you replied, not sure what he was going to say. "I know we just hook up most of the time" he began. Oh god, he's gonna tell me he doesn't even want anything to do with me."We're drunk most of the time and...I just, I don't know how you feel, and-well, I was just wondering if" Michael started rambling, you stared at him wondering what he was trying to get at. He took a deep breath, "We're always drunk and when I wake up in the morning it's like nothing ever happened. We act the same as we always do unless we're drunk and hooking up. I want more, I want more than drunk hook ups. I want to take you on dates and kiss you when I'm sober. You probably don't feel the same way but I just can't keep doing this anymore" he said, sighing of relief. "Michael..." you started, he was looking away from you, avoiding eye contact. "I feel the same way. I've always wanted more but I was too afraid. I'd wake up and you'd be gone, I never thought you had any interest in me" you said, he looked up at you. Michael moved towards you and pressed his lips to yours. Your hands moved to cup his face, and his landed on your hips. Kissing him while sober was so different from when you were both wasted. His lips were sweeter, you wanted this feeling to last forever. When you both pulled away Michael laid down, pulling you on top of him. His hands moved in circles on your back. "I could spend more nights with you like this" you smiled. "Me too" he replied, leaving a kiss on your head before falling asleep with you in his arms.