Chapter Three: Thankyou King Johnathan, you really have thought of everything.

CHAPTER THREE

I wake to the sound of distant voices. They are probably from somewhere outside the strange room I'm in. Wait, what!? How can I be in a room? I should be dead! I thought I got eaten by sharks!? At that moment a lady opens the door, enters into the room and shuts the door behind her. She has dark auburn hair, tied into a tight bun on top of her head, decorated with a large pink flower. She has tanned skin and is wearing a beige clam bra. I cringe at the ugly colour. Isn't that a bit inappropriate to be going around wearing just a bra? That's when I look down to see what else she's wearing.

She has a tail...

A mermaid tail.

"Oh, you're awake. Now I can get some information out of you," she says, in a monotone voice, coming up to me with a clipboard and pen. I suddenly snap back into reality, from staring at her long, rosy, tail that matches her hair.

"Firstly, why are you here?" she stares at me. It really creeps me out so I reply quickly,

"Err... I don't know... the last thing I remember was falling into the shark tank."

"Umm... okay..." she scribbles something down on the clipboard,

"So, what's your name and how old are you?" she stares at me creepily again.

"My name's Melody Walker and I'm fifteen," I reply, not completely sure if giving my personal information to this umm... mermaid... is such a great idea.

"Okay, some decent information. Are you a human?" she inches slightly closer towards me.

"Yeah, of course. Are you a mermaid?" I look her up and down several times.

"Yeah, of course," she repeats in a mocking tone.

"I thought mermaids weren't real. Where am I!?" I think my brain is about to explode.

"Umm... you're in the ocean. In King Johnathan's Kingdom," she states, like I'm stupid and that I'm meant to know all this stuff.

"How can I breathe? Who's King Johnathan? How do I get home?"

"I don't know how you can breathe, why should I care? King Johnathan is the king of this kingdom. And, I don't know, or care, how you can get home, but, King Johnathan will have to decide whether you're even allowed to go home or not," she states, sounding quite pleased at the thought of me not being allowed to go home.

"Why wouldn't I be allowed to go home? No one has any control over what I can or can't do, especially creepy mermaid people!" I shout, angrily.

"Watch your tongue missy, or you could be sentenced to death!" Just as she finishes her sentence the door flies open as a hot looki... err... majestic... merman swims in. He has short, red, ruffled hair, a bare, extremely toned chest and a long, dark green tail. He is holding a tall, golden sceptre and looks only about a few years older than me and quite unfriendly, sadly.

"So, is this the human that dares intrude my kingdom?" he bellows, obviously trying to sound majestic, but is obviously not as majestic as he seems.

"Umm, yeah. So... can I go home now?"

"Of course not. First, I have to decide if I should let you go, or if you will have to stay," he bellows back.

"Well hurry up and decide," I sigh, irritated.

"I will. Stop being so rude. Haven't you ever heard of respect?"

"Haven't you ever heard of respect? You're treating me like a wild animal!"

"Whatever," he swims out the door, followed by the clipboard mermaid lady, and closes the door behind them.

***

After what seems like hours (but was probably only a few minutes), the clipboard mermaid and the king dude come back into the room.

"So?" I ask, really eager to go back home and get away from these strange people.

"I have decided... that you will have to stay here, in my kingdom... forever."

"What!? Why?"

"Because you have seen too much, and know too much. If we let you go back home you will tell all your human friends about us and you will come and destroy us!" the clipboard lady answers, with a big grin on her face. Sure, like that's ever gonna happen.

***

After a few tests to make sure I wasn't going to die (they are mean enough to not let me see my family ever again but care enough to make sure that I'm not in pain, go figure) the clipboard person took me through the palace to a small room near the entrance.

"I would take you to a dungeon cell but lucky for you, they are all full. So you get this room," she actually looks genuinely disappointed. Douche bag.

"Thanks. Um... just wondering, what is your position in the palace?" I'm getting bored of being angry so I decide to be nice for a change.

"I'm the King's personal assistant," she replies, proudly as she straightens up, "And I'm also in charge of guests," she adds, glaring at me.

"Well if you're going to be looking after me, may I know your name?" I enquire.

"Massie."

"That's a nice name," I smile.

"Meh," she walks out of the room and slams the door behind her.

I sit down on the bed in the corner of the room and look at my surroundings. The walls are all shades of blue, like the ocean, and so are the bed sheets and the one solitary piece of furniture in the opposite corner; a cupboard. I get up to investigate. I swim over and open the two doors. There are a bunch of shell bras hanging on a rack and that's it. Thankyou King Johnathan, you really have thought of everything. I close the cupboard and my stomach grumbles. I haven't had anything to eat for ages so I decide to call Massie.

"What?" she answers, opening the door.

"I was wondering if I could have something to eat."

"You get food when it's food time. I will bring it to you, so don't interrupt my other important duties!" she slams the door shut. Well I guess that's that. I swim back over to the bed and fall into a deep slumber.

------------

Dedicated to @XelCat for being a fabulous friend and writer :)

I hope the chapters are improving! Please comment any feedback.

Don't forget to leave a vote! :D

~ Ellie Potato ❤