Chapter 68 - ESF

*time skip*

Leo POV

I gripped my cup uncertainly. Virgo's teal eyes were smoldering as she paced, growling under her breath.

"What exactly happened again?" Cancer asked, a confused expression on his face.

"And tell it in English, please," I chimed in.

Pisces let out a sigh. "Selaine doesn't remember interacting with Taurus two days ago. I don't know why, and --" she darted a look at Virgo, who was looking at the ceiling with a set expression, whispering the last part. "I don't think Virgo likes not knowing."

"That doesn't make sense, though," Aquarius said through her gum, swirling the coffee stick in her milkshake. "Why would she suddenly forget?"

"Who knows?" Gemini asked, throwing her hands in the air. She collapsed back onto the couch and gave the window a shifty look. "I'm liking Statera less and less."

"You can't judge a Realm by what happens in it," Capricorn pointed out. "Look what went on in Aronix."

Aries went red, but cleared her throat. "He's right, ya know. All of you guys loved Aronix, despite what . . . happened." Her voice went tiny and she ducked her head against Capricorn's shoulder, closing her eyes as he pressed his lips on top of her head with an apologetic look.

The sight gave me a strange feeling in my stomach. I knew I didn't have feelings for Aries any more -- heck, I didn't even have them in the first place, that was just one of my delusions -- but it still was weird to see them acting like that . . . like a couple.

It got me thinking, I guess.

"Aronix was amazing!" Sagittarius exclaimed, looking over from his game of Mario Kart. Scorpio only blew the black hair out of his eyes as a reply.

If people I'd seen be friends for a long time, suddenly started to be something more . . . where would that leave me?

Alone, I guess.

I shivered. I didn't like being alone.

Scorpio's eyes shifted over to me as Sagittarius started a long, winded explanation about the griffin he and Aries had narrowly escaped. He'd barely went three sentences before she chimed in, and he corrected her hastily.

"It's not cold."

I blinked. Scorpio's eyes were on the game, but I was certain that had been his voice -- I was also certain that he was a few couches away, and I wouldn't be able to hear him amidst Sagittarius's glory story. His eyes flicked to me again and a confused look crossed them -- I was perplexed. His eyes were like a sky that never lightened up.

Then he cursed as Sagittarius went ahead of him and returned his attention to the game.

I tilted my head, frowning. I was certain that I'd just heard Scorpio, even though he was on the other side of the room. Are you kidding me? My power is super hearing?