Chapter 53 - Rage

Nobody POV

Gemini stretched, watching Aries and Aquarius bicker playfully with a satisfied grin as the night glowed outside the kitchen window.

"Whatcha smiling about?" Libra asked, sidling into place next to her.

Gemini smirked. "Aries owes me fifty bucks."

Libra blinked at her and she hastily amended, "Or, she will."

"Why will she owe you fifty bucks?" Libra asked, curious.

Gemini's smirk widened. "If something I said will come true comes true, she owes me money, but Aries doesn't believe it'll happen."

Libra tilted her head but didn't ask any further as Aries let out an offended gasp. "I do not easily blush!"

"It's true," Aquarius defended herself. "You can blush really easily."

"Not true," Aries grumbled.

"Hey, Capricorn," Aquarius called with a smirk on her face.

Aries went pink instantly as he looked over from his his conversation with Leo on the other side of the room. "Yeah?"

Aquarius grabbed Aries's shoulders and turned her around so that she faced, him too. "Tell Aries she looks good."

"Aqua --" she whined, trying to get out of Aquarius's death grip. A blush was spreading across her face.

Leo snorted at Aries's expression and Capricorn blinked. "Alright. You look good, Aries."

"Thank you for your assistance," Aquarius informed him as Aries went red and stopped squirming.

Capricorn just gave an amused smile before turning back to his conversation with Leo. "Cute."

Aries let out a little squeak and after a moment, Aquarius shook her. "Hello? Did I stop your blood circulation or something?"

Aries put her head in her hands and slumped against Aquarius, who stumbled. "Jeez," she muttered as Aries mumbled into her hands, "He called me cute."

Gemini took a random spatula lying on the counter and pointed it at the two. "See that? That is true friendship. And that --" she whirled her spatula to Capricorn and Leo's animated conversation -- "is a brother bond."

She smiled at Libra. "One half of both and you get the perfect blend."

"Please don't talk about blending," Libra shuddered.

Gemini went pink, getting what she meant. "Oh -- uh -- I mean --"

"Aquarius, what did you do?" Cancer asked, walking into the main room with a soccer ball under her arm as he noticed Aries.

"I didn't do anything!" Aquarius protested. "It's Aries's own fault she's so sensitive to compliments."

Aries raised her head to glare at Aquarius. "Not fair -- you put me in the spotlight!"

Cancer blinked and stayed quiet for a moment, then shrugged. "Whatever. I'm going down to practice my kicks -- I like it better when it's night."

He went to the elevator just as it opened. Cancer widened his eyes as he saw who was inside.

"Umm . . ." Drake shifted on his feet, his eyes involuntarily going to Aries, who scowled. Capricorn stiffened as he noticed. "I'm supposed to take you to my sister."

"I'll use the stairs," Aries said harshly, straightening up, all signs of a blush gone. Behind her, Aquarius sent Drake an evil-eyed glare.

"But I'm the only one who knows where she is!" he protested.