Chapter 39 - Confusion and Uncertainty

*time skip*

Leo POV

When I came downstairs, I saw Cancer and Taurus cuddling on the couch, asleep, so I did the reasonable thing:

I took a picture.

"What are you doing?" Virgo asked me, coming down on the stairs behind me. 

I froze. "Umm . . ."

Virgo stepped down beside me and yawned, but smiled when she saw the two on the couch. "If Libra sees this, she'll go crazy."

I decided not to tell her that her smile was really pretty. 

Wait -- why am I thinking this? Don't I like Aries?

No dude, she's like a sister to you now. 

But -- I LIKE ARIES. I'VE LIKED ARIES FOR A LONG TIME.

Stop lying to yourself, Leo. You. Like --

"You look like you're having an internal battle," Virgo noticed.

I smiled awkwardly. "I am."

Virgo raised an eyebrow, and I hastily added, "Whether or not I should send the picture I took to Libra, because I can either hold it for ransom or she might explode on me once she finds out that I had it."

"Ohh." Virgo nodded in understanding and squinted at the clock. Her long black hair was in a ponytail, and she swept it over her shoulder as she sighed. "I literally can't see anything without my glasses. Can you tell me the time?"

"Umm . . ." I checked the clock. "12:32. Wait --" I looked around as Virgo gasped. 

"Aren't we supposed to go for training at 1:30?" we asked each other at the same time.

I banged myself on the forehead. "Umm -- okay, where's Capricorn? He and Pisces usually get up the earliest."

"Pisces is probably sleeping in," Virgo pointed out, stepping off the stairs with a worried look on her face. "But Cap is probably down in the forge. Gosh -- does he even need training? That place is like a death trap sometimes."

"You've gone to visit it?" I inquired. 

Virgo nodded. "I was supposed to pick up some of the things he was fixing for Em. It was crazy -- objects were flying around everywhere, there were loud noises. His telekinesis is probably becoming stronger by the minute, handling all that stuff at once." She tilted her head. "Though he said that it was perfectly familiar. I can't imagine growing up in an environment like that."

"Didn't your parents send you to all those learning sessions?" I remembered. "Then they sent you to one of the most prestigious boarding schools."

Virgo nodded. "They were comfy -- that's why I like libraries."