Chapter 29 - A Not-So-Normal Day

Scorpio POV

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Scorpio POV

"I can't believe you thought that would work!" I heard Capricorn exclaim angrily. He came down the stairs with an annoyed expression, Cancer and Leo following him. They looked like a very specific plan of theirs had failed.

"I'm probably gonna regret it," I sighed as Capricorn stomped past me into the kitchen. I followed him and saw him open various cabinets and pull ingredients out. "But what happened?"

"They tried to prank me," he grumbled, turning the gas on in the oven.

I sipped my chocolate milk. "How?"

"Well first of all, they covered my room in pink silly string," he said disgustedly, opening the fridge. "And then they tried to put my hand in a bowl of water."

I spat my drink out in surprise. "They covered your room in pink silly string?" Capricorn glared at me as I laughed and I instantly stifled it. "Um, why?"

"A 'welcome home' present," Capricorn snapped, setting brownie mix on the table. "And I don't even know how they got into my room because it was locked. From the inside. With a keypad."

"Did you get the silly string out, at least?" I asked as Capricorn pulled a glass bowl out of the bottom cabinets. 

He nodded. "I was in the forge for two fucking hours  and they think I need a welcome home present. Dumbasses."

"You look like you're in a bad mood," I said, taking another sip. "Did the water work?"

He rolled his eyes. "Of course I am! And no. I couldn't even sleep at night because --" He went quiet for a moment and washed the bowl. "And then those idiots had to sneak into my room at four in the morning to cover my entire room."

"Because nightmares?" I asked.

"Nightmares."

"What are you making, anyways?"

"Brownies." He went and opened the fridge again. "For some reason, I bake when I'm sleep deprived, and --"

"You're gonna let everyone except those two eat them," I figured out. "Cruel but smart. Are you gonna make an extra batch and very lightly food poison them and place them so Cancer and Leo can eat them?"

"This kitchen has no chili sauce, I'm afraid," Capricorn sighed, taking out a pack of eggs. "I did that last time, anyways."

"Alright." I finished my milk and put it on the counter. "You should get some sleep, too."

"What do you think I'm gonna do after the brownies are finished?" he grumbled. I nodded and exited the kitchen.

"Do you know where Aries is?" I asked Cancer, who was flopped across the couch with his head in a pillow.

"On the roof," he replied, his voice muffled. "Can you ask her if I can borrow some of her silly string?"

"She's probably gonna say no," I said, getting on the stairs. "But sure."