Chapter 34 - The Griffin

*time skip*

Sagittarius POV

Sagittarius POV

Aries collapsed on the couch. "I am so sore from the training room. Where's Capricorn?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," I snickered. Me and Cancer were playing Mario Kart on the TV, and I was currently WINNING -- no I wasn't.

Aries raised her head as I stuck my tongue out, trying to get ahead of Cancer. "That's why I asked," she grumbled.

"He's down in the forge. He said making something would keep him distracted?" Cancer wondered. "I don't know, I just think he needed to take something off his mind."

"Ooh, are you playing Mario Kart?" Aries perked up. I scowled at her. "Shhh. I'm losing to Cancer."

"As you should be," Cancer smirked.

Aries reached out her arm and tapped me on the shoulder. "Can I go next?"

I nodded and tried to steer ahead of Cancer, but it was no use.

"Fucking dam popcorn," I cursed as I ended up in third place and Cancer came in first.

His triumphant smile was replaced by a look of confusion. "What?"

Aries knocked her fist against my head and I swatted it away. "He's a Percy Jackson geek. So am I, though, to be fair . . ."

Cancer tilted his head as I handed the console to Aries and got up. She gleefully sat in my spot, smirking at Cancer. "Prepare to get beaten, crab cake."

He pouted as Aries rechose her character and car. 

Suddenly, the elevator opened and we saw Drake in the doorway.

"Hey," he called, his eyes moving to Aries.

I went over to him. "Hey," I said. "Is there anything you need?"

He frowned. "My sister is gonna beat me up if I ask, but . . ." He looked at me hopefully. "Can you guys do me a favor?"

I tapped my chin. "Depends on the favor -- don't just stand there, though, come in."

Drake smiled and walked in, looking around. I led him over to the high table set beside the wall, and we sat on the stools, watching Aries and Cancer play.

"So . . . what favor?" I asked him.

He snapped from his reverie and I tried to convince myself that he wasn't looking at Aries. "Well . . . there are rumors of a wild griffin outside of the city. I want to see if it's true, but . . ." He darted a look at me. "My friends don't want to come, and I'd feel a bit scared if I went by my own. So, will you come?"

I widened my eyes. "A griffin? Dude, I'm all in. But --" I looked over to Aries. "Why do I have a feeling she'd want to come too?"

Drake shrugged, but I could tell that it was forced calmness. He was seriously excited at the thought -- and yes, I'm just that good at reading people. "She can if she wants to. Why would she?"