39. Weasley is our queen

Start from the beginning

" And yet I wore yellow for the Hufflepuff match."

" That's different," Ernie said. 

" Really? How so?" Justin felt the tension rising and quickly decided to intervene. He wanted to support Amelia, but he didn't think a muggle-born like himself should wear the colors of a house that are not fond of his existence. 

" Hey, are they calling you their queen?" asked Justin. Some Slytherins were still shouting in glee. Calling Amelia a lot of admirable things that fluttered her heart. Never did she imagine her housemates would call her anything else but a blood traitor.

" I think so." Amelia smiled, face wet as it flushed red.

" STEP ASIDE!" The urgent voice of madam Hooch roared through the crowd.

As the Slytherins watched their team member tumble down to the ground in an attempt to catch the snitch and thus granting Slytherin a win. The skies were dark and their once bright green and red robes were a darker shade. The anticipation of Amelia catching the snitch was enough to gather people's attention away from the other seeker. They didn't see or notice Harry Potter nearly falling fifty feet from the sky. From the stands, Dumbledore, with a wave of his wand, was able to slow down his impact. Although Harry still fell from a great distance. The headmaster then magicked him onto a stretcher and the rest of the Gryffindor team followed them to the hospital wing.

Amelia looked down at the snitch in sorrow. Did this game win even count if the other seeker was badly injured?  Harry did look awfully pale. 

" We should get you to the hospital wing too," Ernie added as he looked at the Weasley who hadn't moved her left arm once and winced whenever someone touched it.

" I need to talk with—"

" Amy, arm first then whoever you need to speak with later," Ernie said, eyeing her wound.

The two boys walked her to the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey was already busy with Harry, an much more urgent matter than a sprained arm, so she wrapped her arm up, gave her a potion, and wished her well.

" Hmm, perhaps Hogwarts should get more nurses." Amelia sighed. Exhausted as she ate dinner at the Hufflepuff table. Her arm ached every time she reached for her goblet. 

" Shouldn't you be eating at your table?" Justin asked. The Slytherin table was pact as students ate cheerfully. Even after the incident with Harry Potter.

" Oh. Yeah. They usually aren't as welcoming toward me."

" That's certainly not the case now," Ernie said happily, watching their friend leave. 

Amelia walked toward the Slytherin table, wearily, and took a seat beside a couple of people her year. The moment she sat down everyone cheered, greeted her, and asked her how her arm was.

" Oh, Pomfrey gave me a potion to help heal it."

As dinner continued, Amelia was addressed by the most absurd nicknames. Some named her the Saviour of Slytherin, a red miracle, and a true snake ( in a good way). But even now, off the fields and in the great hall, people still chanted Weasley is our queen. 

" See, it took a girl to finally join the team to get us a win." A sixth-year commented, looking at the Slytherin team with a raised eyebrow, " It's what I've been saying since last year when you picked that Malfoy boy over me."

" Shut up, Burke." Flint grunted.

The Slytherins were truly dramatic.

" What did I say." Aries seated himself beside the girl, plate in hand as he pushed his extra chicken onto her plate.