39. Weasley is our queen

Start from the beginning

" I didn't expect it all to play out like that."

" You are an ace, Weasley." Aries complimented, " Later tonight there is going to be a celebration in the common room. You going to be there?"

" I guess so, yes."

For the rest of dinner, people kept congratulating her. Theo and Blaise would only address her as queen no matter how many times she told them to stop. Completely embarrassed by such nicknames. Once dinner finished, she was whisked away by Blaise, Theo, and a couple of other third-years who led her down to the dungeons.

Green and silver streamers covered the common room along with other celebratory decorations.

" Weasley," Amelia turned to Flint who displayed his crooked teeth in a smile, " Madam Hooch called for Wood and me and it had been decided that you caught the snitch fairly. You won us the game, regardless of the dementors interference."

" The what now?" Amelia asked, looking at her teammates who stood a little bit away for clarification.

" Yeah, Potter fell because a dementor approached him." 

Amelia hummed. Dissatisfied with such events. She would have rather done a rematch and proven herself as a seeker against the unbeatable Potter. But instead, she won on a technicality. She did nothing wrong but Potter wandered off and caused himself the game.

The common room filled up with students, talking loudly and happily about the possibility of winning the quidditch cup now that they had a Weasley on the team. Amelia smiled politely at everyone that complimented her. She watched as her only three Slytherin friends talked amongst each other gleefully. She caught sight of Pansy standing alongside Daphne and Millicent, each with a dissatisfied look on their face. Although happy their house team finally won a match, it wasn't enough to get the Weasley girl in their good graces. Especially since Amelia took the seeker position that, to them,  rightfully belonged to Draco Malfoy.

The boy who watched the game from the stands with everyone else. Amelia looked for him. Not catching his bright blonde hair anywhere. She walked past his Crabbe and Goyle who were eating the food that the seventh years provided. Pansy and her gang stayed near the fireplace, soaking up the warmth that they were deprived of for the last two hours. It wasn't until a couple of students near the window left that she saw the blond boy.

" Malfoy?" Amelia sat across from him at the bay window. She looked at the pitch dark waters of the Great Lake and tried to see if she could catch a glimpse of any Merpeople.

" Leave me alone, Weasley," said he, scooting away from her.

" Look, I just wanted to apologize about the other day"

" When you caused my mouth to disappear! What kind of magic was that anyway?"

Amelia thought back to all the books she read over the summer. She wasn't sure if it was ancient greek magic or from one of the dark magic books she read.

" I think I just saw it somewhere..." she mumbled, " But that's, not the point. I shouldn't have done that. Escpelly when you didn't have your wand. I'm sorry."

Draco stayed quiet. He was still weary of being so close to Amelia. He couldn't help but fear she might pull something again. Who knows what other magic she knows to cast?

" Wherever, Weasley." he grunted, " Just so you know my arm is feeling a whole lot better recently."

" Oh, is it?" Amelia almost laughed. She figured the boy would spontaneously get better once his position on the team was threatened. 

" Yes, I'll be playing seeker for the team real soon."

" I hope so. All that training and flying isn't really for me."

" What? Why? you were a natural?" said Malfoy. 

Amelia raised an eyebrow at his words. Unsure of how to feel about the compliment when just a second ago he was reserved. 

" Quidditch isn't for me," she confessed. She dreaded practices and rather not fly in the rain aimlessly for hours. " and that has to be the only nice thing you have said to me in the past two years."

" Perhaps you should just stay on the team. Everyone seems to prefer you now." Malfoy grumbled. 

" Malfoy," she sighed, " Maybe if you took quidditch a tad bit more serious then perhaps you too could be a better seeker."

" You do know my father got me my position."

" oh, yeah," she said, " At least you are aware of how you got this position. You should start practicing to prove to everyone that you are up for the task."

" What is this? A pep talk?"

" Well, you are the one mopping around, looking out the window with a sad look on your face." she pointed out. Gesturing around for emphasis, " Once your arm gets better, start working. Don't let my hard work go to waste."

" All you did was go to six practices and played one game."

" And yet I won us a match and they are calling me their queen."

" Please, there just being dramatic. They'll go back to calling you a traitor sooner or later. You were eating with those pathetic Hufflepuffs."

" Hey!" Amelia said glaring at the boy, " Do not talk about my friends like that. Remember what I did to you." her eyes narrowed down at him in a menacing way that made him move away from the girl.

" Merlin, fine."

" Hm, that was our first pleasant conversation." Amelia smiled. She looked around the room and felt like things were finally starting to look up for her. Although, she probably will never change her dormmate's impression of her. That is something Amelia could live with.

" Don't get used to it."

𝑾𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒚On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara