Coming Home To Crying

"Baby bird please... Please don't leave me. I need you."
"Then maybe you should've done more to keep me around."
"I was fine on my own, but when you came into my life I realized I wasn't fine. You gave light to my dull life."
"Our light went out a long time ago, Keigo. I'm leaving."
"Baby bird I love you. There I said it."
"Because I had to twist your arm to say it. You don't know how to love Keigo. I need a man who isn't afraid to admit his faults and feelings and cherishes me."
"I do cherish you, more than anything. And I have shown you my weaknesses kid. What more do you want?"
"Not you anymore."

Keigo sits up quickly, panting softly and looks around the room.
(Y/n) isn't there and the sun is near the horizon.
Tears water his eyes as his feet move to the floor.
"She's right. I don't do enough to show her how much I care. She deserves someone better. I...why does she stay with me? Maybe she really is planning to leave me."
His hands grips his blonde hair.
He couldn't hold it back anymore, since no one is around, he starts crying.

(Y/n) smiles as she walks into the apartment. She takes off her shoes and jacket.
Her dress's zipper comes undone as she walks to the bedroom.
When she opens the door she sees her boyfriend crying.
"Birdie, why are you crying?" She walks over, kneeling in front of him and cups his face.
Her thumbs rub his tears away.
His hands cover hers.

"Baby bird? I'm so sorry."
She looks at him confused. "Sorry for what?"
"Please don't leave me. I know I'm a shitty partner. I don't try hard enough and I don't show you how much I care. But I do love you, with all my heart. I'll do better, I promise."
"Whoa slow down Keigo. Where did this all come from?"
"I had a dream that you left. I realized that even though it was a dream, you could still leave me."
"Oh Keigo I would never leave you. I know who I'm dating. I knew the struggles we would face. And leaving because you're not expressive or reliant isn't me. I love you. And I know you love me."

"So you don't think I'm incapable of feeling love or think our light went out, or that you want someone who will admit his faults."
(Y/n) laughs softly and kisses him gently. When she pulls away she leans her forehead against his.
"Baby bird," he whispers.
"Keigo Takami, I know you feel love but don't like to label it. Our fire is burning bright and will continue to do so. As for faults, we all have them. It's just hard for some to admit it."
"I've allowed myself to show you my weakness."
"And I would never take advantage of that. I hold those secrets close to my chest."

Hawks lifts her up to sit on the bed next to him. "Baby bird I... I love you." He manages and squeezes his eyes closed.
The woman laughs softly and nods. "And I love you too. Birdie, don't ever think I would leave. You're stuck with me forever mwahahaha."
The hero laughs and kisses his girlfriend.
She kisses back and sits on his lap.
His thumbs rub her hips, pulling her closer.