How Long

Hawks buttons his pants and stretches. "She should be asleep by now." The hero mumbles.
"Why don't you just leave her?" The man in bed questions.
"Because I still care about her. And it's not your place to give me relationship advice." Keigo puts the money on the table and leaves the apartment.
The man rolls his eyes and grabs the money, counting it. "Just wait until you get caught, Hawks."

The hero flies to the apartment he shares with (Y/n). He expected the lights to be off and the rooms silent.
The apartment is silent but the bedroom light is on.
Keigo takes off his shoes and jacket. He looks at the room confused, then at the clock.
Nearly 2 am
"Did she forget to turn it off?" He whispers to himself.

When he opens the door he finds his girlfriend.
She is sitting on the bed, cross-legged and tears streaming down her cheeks.
His expression turns concerned.
"Baby bird, why are you crying? You should be asleep." He walks over quickly, sitting in front of her and wiping her tears.
She slaps his hand away and backs into the headboard.
"What's wrong?"
"How long?" The woman whispers.
"How long, what?" Hawks asks, more confused.
"How long have you been cheating on me?"
Her tone isn't angry anymore, it's sad.

The blonde knew better than to deny it.
She knew, and him lying would worsen the situation.
"I never wanted you to find out. I care about you deeply, that's why I haven't left you. I just don't feel the same as I did at the beginning."
"HA! You... you care about me but you don't have the decency to break up with me? I know you don't care about what others think about you, but what happens when they find out? Your rating will go down, people start hating you and people will not just judge you Keigo. But I will get harassed as well."

The hero remains quiet. He couldn't look her in the eyes either.
(Y/n) grabs his collar and forces his eyes to meet hers though. "Why? What happened? What did I do wrong?"
"Why does everyone ask that? You didn't do anything wrong. It's my fault. Baby bird you are wonderful. But things are different now. I'm different."
Tears stream down her cheeks again as she buries her face in his chest.
"Why do I still love you? It's not fair."
"I know songbird. I'm so sorry. I wish everything could be the way it was."

(Y/n) pushes him away and wipes her face.
He hands her a tissue and she takes it.
"I will start looking for places when I wake up. This is your apartment so-"
"I'll help you. I'll make sure you live comfortably."
"Keigo I-"
"It's the least I can do for hurting you. I want you to be happy. But I can't do that anymore."
"Does that mean we can't be friends?"
"Of course we can. Baby bird before we were lovers we were best friends. That's why I fell in love with you. But I think it's better if we go back to that."
"Best friends..."

After some silence a small smile replaces her frown.
"I'd like that." She whispers and lays her head on his shoulder.
He rubs her back and kisses her head. "I will always care about you. But it won't be love anymore."
She sniffles but nods. "I understand."
"I am sorry about not telling you how I felt. I'm not good with that stuff. I should've been honest months ago."

"Months ago? You've been cheating on me for months?"
Her sadness turns back to anger.
Her fists connect with his jaw and gut.
Hawks groans and holds her hands so she couldn't hit him anymore.
Instead, she head butts him.
Both parties groan in pain.
"No one wins in a head butt baby bird." Keigo mumbles and rubs his forehead.
The woman does the same and whines cutely. "You jerk." She mumbles and lays down.

Keigo rubs her shoulder and moves the blankets to her chin. "Sweet dreams baby bird."
"Good night Keigo." (Y/n) whispers and closes her eyes.
The bird lays down as well and covers himself with the blanket.
It didn't take long for them to fall asleep, their backs facing one another, rather than cuddling like they usually did.