12

A few days went by normally, I was hardly talking to jay because we were all studying for finals.
But we still said hi in the hallways if we happened to see each other.

I didn't even realize much because I was just focusing on studying, I was also trying to help my friends study as well. It felt like there was a lot of pressure on me. I still helped them though and didn't complain about it.

I'm so exhausted but there's still two more days till the exam.
~

"I don't understand this jungwon." Jake mumbled as he pointed down at the notebook, trying to solve the problem.
It's actually lunch time right now but we are sitting in the library, trying to shove in any last minute studying.

I explained it to him and heard my stomach growl, he looked at me and grinned. "We should go get something to eat." Jake suggested, putting his pencil down but I shook my head. "You go ahead, I'm fine."

"But you-"
I shook my head again and he just sighed and ruffled my hair before hesitantly walking out of the library.

I mean yeah I'm hungry but this is more important. I NEED to pass this.

But then I got distracted by my phone dinging with a text message.
it's from jay.

I shouldn't answer yet.

I told myself not to but I guess my body is faster than my brain.

____

Jay hey wonie, you in the library?

Woah, why is the nickname making me feel weird?
My friends call me that everyday, why is it so different?

Me yeah I am. I'm studying though, what's up?

Jay I'm gonna give you something real quick. i promise i won't take more than two minutes of your time!
_____

I sighed at the message, I knew I couldn't say no because he would still come here.
I sent a simple okay and turned my phone off.
I began to study again until I got interrupted by jay, sitting at the seat in front of me.

He had a bag but he also was looking at me like he was concerned. "Oh jungwon. You look exhausted, you know you can take a break right?"
I immediately shook my head, "I'm fine, don't worry."
He sighed, knowing I wouldn't give in.

"Here. I thought you'd be hungry." He put the bag of food in front of me. Woah, he brought me food??? Is he worried about me?

I smiled happily at him, not able to hide it because I was actually hungry "thank you jay."
He gave a small smile back but he still looked upset, "Let's hangout after finals okay? Don't stress too much. I know you'll pass, cutie."

No matter how tired I was I couldn't hide that he made me flustered at that moment. I smiled and shook my head, "Sure. Thank you."
I mumbled before reaching over and grabbing his hand that was on the table. I gave him a squeeze.
He smiled, looking surprised that I touched his hand. I laughed at his surprised look.

He pinched my check playfully, I pulled away, whining. "Sorry.. but you should smile more wonie, your dimples are adorable." He patted my cheek and grinned before standing up, walking out of the library, not saying anything else.

"Ah what is he doing to me?" I whispered to myself, running my hand through my hair.

I decided to finally take my mind off the books for a minute and eat my food, Jake came back in and sat beside me. looking at me curiously, "where'd you get that?" He asked, trying to steal a piece of chicken but I pushed his hand away. He pouted.

"Someone gave it to me." I mumbled, eating peacefully until I looked over at him who was smirking.
I quickly rolled my eyes, "was it jay?.." he asked, how did he know me that well?

"Why does it matter?" I asked, glaring at him but he still had the same stare. "Well.. it's good if he did, honestly I'd be happy if he was taking care of you." Oh geez, why's he being sincere now?

He smiled brightly and put an arm around me, "because you need someone to take care of you jungwon! I don't care if he annoys you or whatever, he seems to really care about you." He said sweetly, I couldn't stop myself from smiling at him. "Ew why're you being cute all of a sudden?" I playfully asked, hitting his leg.

He laughed quietly and gave me a quick hug.
I smiled to myself and hugged him back. "Thanks Jake.. now get back to studying!" I told him as he pulled away.

He laughed and shook his head, holding up an okay symbol.

________

We got finished around 6:00 pm which sucked because I knew I would probably just go home to my empty house and go over my notes again.

I was walking out of the school when my phone rang.
I stopped on my tracks and searched through my pockets to get it.

Incoming call from Jay park

Why would he be calling?

I sighed and answered after a few rings.

"Hello?"
"Hey jungwon! What are you doing?"
"Uhm.. Oh my way home. Why?"
"Let's go eat."
"I have stuff to do."
"Cmon jungwon, it'll be good to take a break. I know you think if you stop studying you won't pass, but I know you'll pass. Just come eat with me. Please?"

I felt my face get warm, I ran my hand through my hair while I tried to figure out what to say.

"Okay then.. let's go to that ramen restaurant near our school. I'll meet you there?"

"I know what you're talking about. I'll be there."

He hung up the phone and I was left there, standing in front of the school, smiling and probably looking that an idiot.
I'm feeling butterflies again.

____

I only had to walk for a moment to arrive at the restaurant since it was very close to the school.
I walked inside and looked around, it was mostly packed with students because it was a pretty popular spot.

I walked through the cozy place and found a table near the window since jay wasn't here yet. 

I waited and waited for at least 45 minutes before I decided to text him and ask why he wasn't here.
Why am I still waiting?

_____

Me where are you?
Me I've been waiting and people are giving me weird looks 😅
Me did something happen?

Jay Park I am so sorry Jungwon, I was going to try to call you sooner.
Jay Park something came up, I'll make it up to you. I promise.

Oh.. why do I feel sad all of a sudden?

Me oh okay.

I sighed, I guess this is what it feels like to be stood up. i mean I know I wasn't actually stood up. But it felt like it.

Jay Park I'm sorry Jungwon
Jay Park are you mad? :/
Jay Park I'll make it up to you
Jay Park Im really sorry~

I shook my head down at my phone and turned it off. I don't feel like answering.

Maybe I'm being a little childish but it hurt that he didn't actually come and just made me wait for this long.
But why do I feel like I want to cry?

________
hope you're enjoying~
<3