10

Today I have to go back to school and face all of my friends. I knew they'd be hounding me about why I left that party but I've been trying to keep my mind off of it.

I don't even want to think about jay yet, no matter how bad I felt.

How did it get to this when jay was just supposed to ask me for help with studying?

I got ready, feeling tired since I barely got any sleep. I was busy trying to figure out if I actually like jay. Why do I still have no idea? I'm so confused.

____

I sat down in my first class, listening to the incredibly boring lesson. Maybe it was just boring because I didn't want to be here.
Finally, we were finished and we had 10 minutes left to ourselves but then I saw Jake staring at me curiously. "Won, did I come up to you at all at the party? Because I have this weird memory.." he went on, thinking to himself. Daniel stared at him and then back at me, curious as well.

I laughed awkwardly and shook my head. "No, you were bothering Daniel for the whole night." I lied and Daniel agreed, not noticing the lie "He was so fucking annoying... I thought I was gonna die."
Jake rolled his eyes and then it looked like he was figuring it out.

"No, but I'm pretty sure I told you that-" he looked shocked when he realized, yeah you probably shouldn't say it when Daniels is right here. I thought to myself.

I nodded at Jake, gesturing that he was right because I already knew what he wanted to say.
He mumbled a curse word and put his head down on the desk.

Daniel looked at him weirdly and then back at me, "what did he tell you?"

I debated on what I should say, "uhmm.. he just told me that he cheated on that math test even though we all promised not to?" It came out more like a question. But it was true just not necessarily what we were talking about.

Daniel gasped dramatically and playfully hit Jake's back. "I fucking knew it you liar!" he said teasingly.

Jake sat up and glared at him but he seemed a bit relieved that I didn't tell him the truth. "Yeah, whatever!" He stuck his tongue out at him, to which Daniel just chuckled.

____

"Where's Sunoo?" Asked Sunghoon while he took the seat beside Jake at our lunch table. Jake shrugged and so did I, "Oh he said he's having lunch with Niki apparently." Daniel said while stuffing a bite of pizza into his mouth.

Sunghoon sighed, seeming a little out of it. He should just tell sunoo how he feels, or get over him... I don't know. I'm sure there's someone else who wants to be with him.

"Jungwon, who are you looking for?" Jake asked curiously, I snapped out of my thoughts and realized I was looking around the cafeteria. I was looking to see if jay was here, I'm not sure why. I shrugged, "No one?.."

Jake laughed sarcastically but Sunghoon just stared at me, smiling. I knew he could already tell who I was looking for, thank god he didn't say anything. Jake then playfully cried which earned him an annoyed glare from daniel. "Jungwonie always lies to me~" He covered his face, pretending to cry. I rolled my eyes and looked at daniel who just shrugged his shoulders. I sighed and patted his head, "Oh jakey~ I'm so sorry I won't do it again~~" I said in a sweet tone. I was being sarcastic but also trying to make him feel better by playing along.

It seemed to work because he uncovered his face and pretended to wipe his tears. I pouted playfully which made him almost laugh but he went back to making the fake sad face. "Ahh, wonie! it's okay but ill only forgive you if you give me a kiss~" He puckered up his lips and moved closer to me.

I made a disgusted face and backed away, Sunghoon and Daniel both laughed. "Jake. I don't need your forgiveness that badly." I said jokingly, laughing at his sad face. But he quickly joined the laughter as well. "Its okay i didnt want to kiss you either" he mumbled while laughing, i shook my head and we all began to eat our food.

_________

I hummed some music that was playing in my headphones while I walked down the hallways. It's the middle of our last period but my teacher told me to take some papers to the office so that's what I was doing.

After I got out of the office I seen Heeseung walking my way.
Oh great.
What is he going to say to me??
Is mad at me?

"Oh jungwon!" He smiled when he got closer to me and gave me a quick hug which surprised me so much that i forgot to fully hug him back. "Oh.. hi Heeseung." I said politely to which he smiled brightly to. He barely knows me but he is so nice to me. I heard he's usually not that nice to people at first.
"How are you? I heard what happened at the party by the way. I'm so sorry for jay, he can be a real asshole sometimes."

Oh so he told him?
Well it's fine really.. I told someone too.

I quickly shook my head, "it's not that at all.. I'm just confused honestly." Heeseung raised his eyebrows curiously, "What's there to be confused about?" He asked, crossing his arms.
I looked around at the empty hallways but I knew I couldn't tell him. He would definitely tell Jay.

He noticed that I was hesitant to say something so he laughed a bit and shook his head, "You don't need to tell me.. but jay seems down since that happened and maybe you should at least talk to him.. I'm not saying you have force anything but talking it out is good you know?" He smiled while patting my shoulder.

I slowly nodded, I guess he's right I should try to talk with him.

"I've got to go.. so, I hope to see you later jungwon." he grinned and began to walk away after a gave him a small wave.
_______

As I got back into class there was about 20 minutes left, I debated for a while it seemed like but I finally decided to text jay.
To my surprise, he answered pretty fast.
______

Me hi jay. can we meet up after school?

Jay Park oh hey! of course, let's meet up at your café :)

He called it my café?? I felt my face get warm but I quickly replied.

Me okay see you then.

_____

I found myself smiling down at my phone, I was glad that my friends weren't here to make fun of me for it.
I took the rest of my class time, thinking of what I would even say to him.
I still wasn't sure but I knew I didn't want it to be awkward between us like this.

______

thank you to anyone reading! it's almost at 100 reads 😸
I'll continue writing bc I'm actually getting pretty good ideas for this story!

also is anyone watching &audition the howling? omg the final is on Saturday and I think I might die loll
~ vote maki and hikaru! :D

also is anyone watching &audition the howling? omg the final is on Saturday and I think I might die loll ~ vote maki and hikaru! :D