The One where Romeo Dies

There was the sound of a shotgun. I didn't know what it hit, and all I could think of was checking on Elvis.

Are you alright, Elvis?

Captain, you're bleeding. I need to come out of the veil.

I looked at my chest and saw there was blood pouring out of it. That is when my body absorbed the pain and decided it was time for my suffering.

No, don't! Trust the plan, and proceed.

I felt my body collapse slowly on the metal ground. It was warm for an underground laboratory. I could feel its warmth welcoming my body and its shivers.

"To whoever shot me, don't be a coward and show yourself!" I panted.

I needed to see who shot me. I needed any form of emotion, like vengeance, to control my body instead of that indescribable pain.

"I'm no coward, Captain," said a familiar voice I know all too well.

A little figure came into view, and I could hear Elvis behind me gasping.

There is a saying that those around you dare to stab you. Then how come my little sister shot me...

"Why...Why, my dearest Juliet?" I said as I placed my forearms on the ground for extra stability.

The ground was shaking and everything was going darker than it should.

"It was fairly easy, actually. I needed you to trust me and be your confidant. You were too easy to convince with all your morale-code bullocks, and viola!" Explained Juliet without hesitation.

"And you were led right into the trap we needed you to be," finished Naomi.

"What did she offer you, Juliet?"

I knew I shouldn't ask, but I couldn't stop looking at my youngest. She is too innocent for this life.

"Our family back."

I chuckled, though stopped myself as I laid face-ward on the metal floor.

"How long have you been planning on this?"

"Since you betrayed me, Romeo. Now, see? You shouldn't have left me in that lab alone when I needed you the most!" Shouted Naomi as she crouched beside me as I take my final breath.

"You should have died in that lab."

I spat on her perfectly shiny face.

"But I didn't it."

"We could have been a great team. You and I, against the world. But our friendship didn't matter to you at all, did it?"

Tears fell on Professor Singh's face, and that is when I knew I got her now.

So I touched my blade and quickly stabbed her in her neck.

"Argh! You idiot, what have you done?"

"Juliet, now!"

Juliet held her gun and aimed at us, but she didn't fire.

You can fire, little one. It's okay. You did a great job. Now it's time for us to move to Phase 4. You lead the War tomorrow night, I mind-linked her.

I closed my eyes and was ready. I was ready to meet my siblings again.

I felt Elvis's soft lips press mine, and his stream of tears kiss my face goodbye.

Though he is a doctor and a Warrior, I don't think he can save me this time. He needs to believe I'm gone for good.

They all need to believe for the plan to work.

Goodbye, my sweetest. I didn't know that there's someone who can love a strong personality like me until I met a secure person—you. You are my love and my blessing, Elvis. It's been an honor to be loved by you.

The honor is mine, my Love. Thank you for loving a wrecked mess like me.

Those were the last things I said to the two people who matter most to me.

Unfortunately in this hot mess, Naomi was able to escape, yet again. But Elvis and Juliet were able to take on the base and have full control. Of course, with the greatest help from Malissa and Maximus' genius approach to rebooting the whole system.