Chapter 10

Today's Sunday lunch, as usual, came out in a modest amount, but as it turned out, Grandma invited a neighbor from above. I was surprised when I noticed Alex in the doorway. It was then that I also realized that he might be about a meter ninety-several meters tall. He was taller than Mateusz and it was difficult to hide it, while Mateusz was a head taller than me.

The German first kissed the lady of the house on the cheeks and handed over a bouquet of quite expensive flowers, and then shaked hands with Mateusz. He caught up with me at the end, because I was mixing the soup in the kitchen.

"Hey, beautiful girl." He greeted, hiding his left hand behind his back.

"Hey." I replied with a smile on my face. Alex looked very neat today: a snow-white shirt, black pants, polished shoes, and hair neatly combed to the side.

"It's for you." I paused for a moment and he pulled a red rose from behind my back towards me.

"Oh. '' I was speechless. I had never received a flower from anyone before, although I desperately wanted to. But I didn't expect to get it from a German for the first time. "Thank you." I took the gift from him and sniffed it, and he replied with a happy smile.

"Have a sit, please ." Mateusz demonstratively pushed the chair away from the table.

"Thanks. '' He sat, while I placed my rose in the little vase Grandma had brought me and I continued to stir the soup.

"How are you today? " Grandma asked with her accent, putting her bouquet in a vase on the table.

"I'm Good, thank you. What about you, Grandma? " I was surprised he called her grandma and I looked at them. They looked and acted like good old friends, possibly like a grandson with a grandmother.

"Maria, stir this soup, because it will burn ." Threw Mateusz, and I woke up from my gaze and started stirring in the pot.

"Is it her first time cooking?" Alex asked.

"No, she cooks everyday. And she often helps Grandma with baking." Mateusz hurried with the answer.

"I see." replied the guest.

"I think it's ready ." I said. "Hand me your plates." I held my hand out in front of me, into which Grandma Pola gave me one of the plates. I poured soup to the brim and took another one.

Eventually we all sat down at the table and after praying in our native tongues, because Alex had said it in German, we started eating what I cooked, which was the broth.

The German ate my soup with relish, as if he was eating something like this for the first time in his life, and the rest of the household ate without much frenzy. I even found out that it tastes like the most ordinary broth in the world, perhaps slightly watery, but it was still broth.

After dinner, we all went to the living room to sit down there and talk about everyday life, although it was nothing to talk about. My every day was the same anyway...