Bridge (Three)

Once Kade emerged from his room fresh-faced and showered, I had already escaped to another bathroom in the penthouse after dodging quirked eyebrows from half his team that I'd never met and a sly smirk from Hollin coupled with a surprised Jackie

Considering the stocked bathroom with overnight guest necessities, I was starting to wonder just how many girls a powerhouse like Kade Hendrix brought home every night after a show or dinner, but brushed it aside when I remembered that we weren't together, he owed me nothing and I owed him the same.

"Kade, so wonderful of you to join us."

Jackie's sarcastic quip was like a balm to my frayed nerves as Kade shot me a megawatt smile that had my panties a mess, just like they'd been the night before.

He was even more attractive all ruffled up from the night before and his hair a mussed up mess sticking out and the strands awry like I'd been running my hands through them the entire night, which then led to thoughts and images of me actually doing that, and running my hands elsewhere, like the wide expanse of his chiseled chest or—

"Ivy, does that sound okay with you?"

"I'm sorry, what?"

Kade's mouth twitched as he strode across the room and my mind whirled a million miles a second and before he could reach me, I stepped closer to the door, the clouds in my head parting until I realized what a monumental mistake I'd just made. 

I had slept in his bed.  

I slept in Kade Hendrix's bed. 

Sure, we didn't actually had sex, but we'd done enough the night before to bring a scarlet blush racing across my cheeks and my chest. 

Kade stopped short at the sight of the panic clear as day across my face and a wall slammed down in place over his features. 

Good.  It would be better that way. 

"I said that since the single is doing so well, Kade is probably going to be tied up with appearances and interviews all week, so you two probably won't have time for your daily songwriting sessions, but he's got a show on Saturday that we'd love for you to attend."

"Oh.  Yeah, that sounds good.  I can just send song ideas through voice memos in the meantime.  I'm sorry, I really have to go, I've got some school and family stuff I need to deal with."

Kade dipped his head in Hollin's direction while searching my gaze, but I had no idea what he was trying to find. 

The entire room was silent before he spoke, like we were all walking on pushpins and he was the only one who could pull them out of our feet.

"Hollin, can you take Ivy where she needs to go?  We can drop your car off wherever you need it, since you left it at Corbin's place right?"

I could only nod in confirmation before Kade turned to his manager.