32

Chapter 32: Revenge Served Cold

Nala was reeling by time she'd reached the boarding house, casually opening the front door and waving past a brooding Stefan as if she were the owner instead of he.

She skipped up the stairs, two at a time and turned to the first door on the left. Damon was shirtless before the mirror, rolling deodorant under his arms as a freshly ironed black shirt was laid out against dark Egyptian silk sheets. "Back so soon?" His voice as sweet as honey, a freshly poured glass of bourbon collecting condensation where it rested upon a coaster.

"This whole time you were ranting about how you needed help opening this stupid coffin," Laveau ran a painted finger over the ridges of the eldest Salvatore's toned back muscles, teasing lilt lacing her tone. "—I thought it was going to take more effort."

Damon's form froze, steely blue eyes double-taking before he fully faced her. "You're kidding me—no way it was that easy." He tugged his shirt over his head, carefully laying down the fabric as his jeans hung loose and unzipped on his hips. His hands worked lazily on the zipper of his Levi's, sliding it up with a metallic swoosh as he buttoned the jeans closed. Two steps forward and his hands encased her cheeks, pulling her into an appreciative kiss. Soft lips moved against hers with ease, low groans and gentle smiles making guest appearances before he slowly pulled away. "You're impressive in all categories it seems."

"You don't even know the half of it yet, Mr. Salvatore." He was insatiable, love spell or not—his hands sliding down the regal curve of her spine, fingers digging into the perky flesh of her ass before scooping her up and propping her on his dresser. "Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for dinner?"

       "Dinner with two originals and my brother," Damon drawled out, eyes rolling as his nose traced along the column of her neck, dotting little kisses here and there as his thumbs rubbed at the fat of her thighs. "Sounds like fun."

        Nala's fingers toyed in the inky locks of his hair at the nape of his neck. "Business isn't meant to be fun."

        "Anything can be fun if you're involved but I have a feeling that won't be in the cards tonight."

"I'm afraid not," She hummed, pressing a kiss to his forehead as grabby hands slid up past the lining of her shirt. "I opened the coffin but the woman inside will wake up on her own time."

        He huffed in defiance, forcing himself to pull away; occupying his hands with the ironed shirt that lingered on his sheets."A woman? They have another sister?"

        "Not a sister—she was older." Nala slid down from the dresser, adjusting her blouse and kicking off her shoes to settle into the comfort of his bed. "Not old enough to be a grandma but within the right range to be an aunt or a mom—their mom." She watched as Damon sauntered through his room, strong muscles flexing under the material of his shirt as he lazily styled his hair. "Wouldn't Elijah have mentioned if it was his mom that I was bringing back?

        "Not if it wasn't in his best interest." He paused, head turning to her thoughtfully as he propped a hand on the expensive countertops. "What did you guys talk about anyway?"

         Lavaeu didn't miss the jealous bite in his tone, underlying suspicion lacing his piercing blue eyes. "He was just explaining why he's doing all of this—why he's willing to sacrifice one brother for the sake of the rest of them." Her fingers traced along the comforters stitching. "He just wanted the rest of his siblings to finally be free and exist together as a family."

         Damon returned to his dresser to pick from a collection of colognes; he chose an obvious favorite; the heavy, dark brown glass bottle was nearly empty. It's scent moulded into his chemistry with ease, enhancing the rich tones and woodsy notes—it fit him. "I don't buy it for a second." Damon scoffed, eyes rolling on their own accord at the thought of the Originals wanting anything close to a peaceful life. "I've seen how many problems one of those Original's can cause and I'm not interested to see what'll happen when you add four others."

"I don't know," Nala sing-songed, her brows wiggling suggestively as one leg crossed over the other, her hair falling loose onto the silky pillows. "I think it would be solid entertainment."

         "I'm sure you do," He mused, his nose scrunching gently as his eyes scanned her fondly. The sun was creeping through dark curtains, illuminating her golden skin as if she were the sun herself. Damon stood there a moment longer, his bottom lip tucked between his teeth; watching as Nala pulled her shirt off and shimmied out of her pants under the covers. "You're trouble."

"Says you," The silky sheets settled salaciously around her figure; the sweet smell of her body wash lingering in the air. "Big, bad, Salvatore."

The door opened with a creek, showing a less than pleased Stefan; green eyes rolling when his older brother shot shouted at him about privacy. "If you want privacy, soundproof your walls—I can hear your pathetic excuse for flirting from downstairs."

"Oh, Stef," Nala began, her feet digging deeper into the plush of Damon's expensive mattress. "—just because you aren't getting any doesn't mean the rest of us have to be miserable too."

"She's right, brother." Damon tagged along, checking his face in the mirror with a cocky wink. "All you have to do is turn on that pesky humanity switch and you can be just as satisfied as the rest of us."

Stefan exhaled a breath of frustration, one hand digging into the pocket of her jeans and he rested his weight against the door. "Sex will be the least of my worries if you don't hurry up. I'm sure Klaus and Elijah won't be very forgiving if we're late."

          Nala huffed out a breath, her bottom lip pursing into a pretty pout at warm eyes slid from one brother to the other and for a moment she understood why Elena had such a hard time choosing. They were handsome in their own way—like two sides of the same coin. One angsty and brooding while the other was mysterious and suave. "Run along then boys," She chimed, settling into the comfort of her boyfriends bed, preparing for a nap or maybe even some solo fun. "Don't get killed."

"You sure you can't cast one of those protection spells or something? Enchant is with some invisible impenetrable armor or whatever it is you voodoos do."

"I could but we both know you have an impeccable sense of self-preservation. Those originals couldn't kill you if they tried," Nala didn't miss the way Stefan forced his gaze away when his brother leaned over, one finger tucked under Laveau's chin as he offered her a kiss.

"You stay naked," Damon retorted on his way out, dark brows waggling suggestively as searing baby blues seemed to memorize the shape of her figure under his sheets. "I'll be back soon."