Chapter 13

I run. My legs just start to move faster and faster so I can get to the ditch. It takes me 10 minutes but I don't care. I am prepared for anything now.

It may seem weird that a random woman jumps into a random ditch. Those people don't know what lies inside this ditch. If only they did.

After I jump in, I start to see the colors. A bead of sweat forms on my eyebrow. I swim upward and it gets darker. Finally, darkness.

Once I open my eyes, I take a deep breathe and pull myself out of the hole. Lying before me, I see what's left of the coffeeshop. How am I supposed to meet Maxwell when there's nothing here?

I stare at the sun and try to find a helicopter in the air. I decide to walk around and search for Max. Little do I know what awaits me.

*******

I walk. And I walk. I'm not sure how long but it feels like days. I didn't even think that I would be stuck here again. I only escaped last time because I was saved. And I don't even know who did.

When I feel like it's time to go back, I turn around. It may sound weird but it feels like I'm going faster than I was going the other way. I feel like I'm driving in a car and see the things past by in a flash but I'm only walking. It starts to go back to normal and things are passing at a regular speed.

I see a dot. As I walk closer and closer, I see a building and it looks a lot like the coffeeshop. I run full speed and reach the door. My hands shake as I push it open. What I see makes me the happiest person alive.

A familiar man is sitting in a chair reading Percy Jackson. He looks up and smiles at me.

"Hello," Maxwell says.
"Hello," I say back.