Chapter 7

"Soo, you've only been here for half of a day and you've already made out with a stranger in a coffeeshop. That's sounds pretty desperate," Adeline says.
"I told you I am! One of my mottos is to love and be loved!" I cry.
"Get to know the guy before you slobber him with your lips and tongue," she rolls her eyes at me.

"Why are you mad at me? First of all, I fell into a ditch and ended up here in this dump. Second, I finally found someone who I like a lot and all you care about is why I made out with him? Many things have happened to me and you don't even care," I shout. Tears start to slide down my cheeks and I begin to sob.

"And what if I don't care?" She asks.
"Then, you're a h-horrible best friend," I stutter.
"Well, maybe we shouldn't be best friends."
"Maybe we shouldn't."
"Fine."
"Fine."

Adeline heads toward the door and storms out. Right after, Max comes in with a perplexed look on his face.
"What's her deal?" He asks. "Hey, what's wrong?"
I try to hide my tears but it's like a tsunami is coming out of my eyes. Max walks over to me and hugs me.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"
"I kind of do but it's sort of about you..."
"It's about me?!" He asks, surprised. "Well, whatever I said or did, I never meant to hurt you! I'm sorry, Layla."
"No, you never did anything," I try to explain. I walk to the room and get comfy on the bed. He follows and sits in front of me.

"Okay. You know how I fell into the ditch, ended up here, my car explodes, I don't know where I am, I meet you, we play 20 questions, we make out, and then she shows up? I had to go through all those things and all she cares about is why I made out with you! Like, seriously. Thanks for being a great best friend! And then, she ruins our friendship! We're not best friends anymore. I don't care anyway." I'm shouting again.

"Okay, Layla. I get it. You're really mad. I have a best friend and we don't always get along. We always make up in the end though. Don't worry. You guys will too."
"Are you sure?" I get up from my spot and sit on his lap. He puts his arms around my waist.
"Positive."

Max leans in and kisses my neck. He works his way up and soon reaches my mouth. My arms wrap around his neck and my hands get caught in his hair. His mouth opens and so does mine. We make out for a while until he pulls back.

"I have some news," he whispers. "I don't know if it's good or bad. It's good for me but I don't know about you."
"Okay... Shoot."

Before he can say anything, we hear a frustrated sound just outside the store.