twenty four

october 27th 2015

wanda pov

week number three without y/n. I hadn't fully grasped the effect she had on my life and my well-being, more specifically my happiness. as soon as she wasn't beside me, I was nothing.

people always say that their soulmates make them whole, they are their other half and together they are one. but without y/n I wasn't even a half, waiting for my other half. I was nothing waiting for my everything. without her I was absolutely nothing. I didn't even exist. I didn't feel like a person without her beside me. I didn't feel at all.

"wanda?"
tony pat my shoulder to get me out of my daze, I cleared my throat and replied.

"sorry, what?"
I realised we were in the living room, the tv wasn't on but I had been watching it.

"living in the woods must have been fun, what did you guys do?"
he sat next to me on the couch.

"it was fun, we watched loads of stuff to pass the time"

"like what?"
I could tell he was trying to cheer me up, I hadn't been in the best of moods for the few weeks I had been back. but it was really making everything a lot worse.

"real housewives? we watched that quite a lot"
I tried to sound like I had emotions.

"she said she liked that?"
he sounded surprised.

"yeah?..."
he laughed quite a bit and it was kind of annoying. everything without y/n just turned sour.

"what?"

"nothing, just, y/n hates watching reality shows. she says they're anything but realistic. said she'd rather die before being seen watching it"
great im crying again!

"she must love you very much if she's willing to watch just one episode of a reality show"
I didn't respond to that part, I just watched the imaginary tv until he knew to leave me alone. then I cried again.

---------

steve pov

I looked down at my phone for the third time that day and rolled my eyes with a laugh.

"hey steve, how is wanda?"
y/n rushed in quickly, not asking about how I was at all.

"you've called me three times now, im telling you, shes fine!"
I had become fed up.

"are you sure? because you know when she says that she never really means it. if she says she's okay then she's probably just tired. what exactly did she say?"
she paused as I was about to answer but she continued before I could

"did she say fine? did she say it like 'fine' or 'fine' ? because if it's the first one then she's probably okay but if it's the second one then-"
I nodded along, adding some "yeah"'s along the way.

"you know what? why don't I just hand her the phone and you can ask her yourself?"
I had walked to wanda's room while y/n was rambling about her and by the time I interrupted her, wanda was in front of me, somewhat confused.

"wha- no!"
I gave wanda the phone and as she lift it to her ear, I began to walk away.

"hello? who's this?"

wanda pov

"wanda"
I hadn't heard her voice in three weeks and after so long, she sounded angelic.

"y/n?"
I asked quietly after a while.

"how are you doing? are the team treating you good?"
she acted like nothing happened all those weeks ago.

"yeah, they've been great"
I let myself smiled after so long and I hesitantly told her,

"I miss you though"
there was a long pause.

"I miss you too"
I bit my trembling lip at her words, crying for the third time that day. I heard a woof as y/n laughed on the other end.

"that's wolfie saying hi, he missed you too, not as much as me though"
I couldn't reply, not with my shaking voice.

"we're doing great over here, how about you?"
I audibly cried this time and covered my mouth quickly.

"are you crying, wanda?"

"n-no. course not, idiot"
my voice cracked and I pulled a face, knowing I was caught.

"got on a train, meet me halfway"
my breath got caught in my throat as I heard rustling on the other end.

"what?"
I had also began to move, my legs wobbling nervously.

"I need to see you"
she hung up and I ran towards the elevator, cursing when I realised I had Steve's phone.

"hey, wanda. how is y/n?"
I threw his phone in his lap as he frowned.

"where are you going?"
he called after me while I ran towards the exit.

"im going out!"

----------

word count- 784