eight

september 16th 2015

wanda pov

I rubbed a wet cloth against y/n's knuckles. I felt myself grow red as I felt her watch me intensely.

"why are you always staring at me? you need to get that checked out"
I looked back up at her for a second before continuing.

"you're just too pretty, I have to"
she joked with a smirk but it was hardly funny to me. I felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest.

"seriously though, are you okay?"
she stopped me from cleaning her palms and held my hands in hers.

"me? you're the one who basically got shot at!"
she rolled her eyes, clearly frustrated. I had hardly ever seen her angry or impatient, it scared me.

"answer the question, maximoff"
I had to bite my lip as to not let out a squeal of fear.

"I think im okay, maybe just in shock I guess"
she rubbed her finger over my knuckles and hummed in agreement.

"I want you to know wand, you don't have to be scared. I will never let anyone hurt you, not while im around"
she finally looked into my eyes.

just as I thought she was leaning in, she moved forward to rise from her seat. my jaw dropped in defeat and she admired her hand.

"thanks for the check up, doc"
she made her way to the door and I cursed myself for sounding desperate.

"where are you going?"
she stood in the doorway, looking hesitant before answering.

"I gotta make a call"
she kissed my cheek as she left.

"thanks again"
and to top it all off, she mess up my hair as she left.

as soon as the door closed my hands flew to my cheeks, hoping to cool them down. what the hell?!

—————————
september 17th 2015

y/n pov

"we're moving"
I shoved a bag into wanda's face as she pulled a face and held the empty bag.

"we're what?"
she inspected the bag, tipping it upside down. I shook my head in disbelief.

"moving"
she dropped the bag and faced me as I began to clean the place and pack my own bag.

"what? why? to where?"
her eyes wide and invading, I put my hand on her face and kept it there to stop her from advancing.

"jesus, let me speak"
she peeled my hand off and wiped her eyes tiredly. I smiled. she looked cute.

"we're moving to a cabin that I own. well, we own. it's ours now"
I couldn't see her reaction but I knew it was the same as if had been for the past few minutes

"what?"
she asked again. I rolled my eyes and searched the fridge for any useable food for the trip.

"I convinced tony to let me take you somewhere safer. nobody will know where we are. you'll be protected"
I stopped rushing around and stood still behind her. struggling to find the words of my next sentence.

"I... I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you last time, maximoff. I'll be better this time, I promise"
she turned to me with a smile but once she saw the serious look on my face, she frowned and gave me a look of concern.

"don't be ridiculous. I owe you my life, y/n. I think that's pretty decent for a retiree"
I groaned at her choice of words.

"you make it sound like im old"
I resumed my packing as she began hers.

"you are, gramps"
she mumbled but I heard her clearly.

"maybe I'll let them kill you next time"
I shouted across the floor, her in her room.

I watched for her reaction and saw her flip me off through the doorway. I laughed once and shook my head again. this girl.

———————

wanda pov

"we're walking?"
I stared at the pavement in disgust after seeing the car wasn't there.

"yes your royal highness, we are walking to the train station. would you like me to roll out the red carpet?"
she bowed down and I laughed silently.

"piss off"
I rolled my eyes and turned away to hide my smile, thought I'm sure she knew anyway.

"such fowl language for a princess"
this went on for a while. me making remarks and her teasing me on what I said.

"why do you never let me hold my own bag?"
I reached for it but she swerved her body and tut.

"ah, ah, ah. not so fast, maximoff"
I pouted and she rolled her eyes.

"seriously, why?"
she sighed loudly and shrugged.

"you're being hunted down, least I can do is hold a bag"
I was about to say something else but I saw the pavement was getting more crowded.

"can I have-"
she handed me my sunglasses, still looking forward.

"thanks"
I mumbled, adjusting them on my nose.

"you're welcome, princess"
I blushed and hoped the sunglasses hid part of my cheeks from her. to distract myself, I changed the subject. the street was quiet and I could see the road ahead that would lead us to the train station.

"do you wear that stupid suit everywhere? how do you even move in this thing?"
I pulled on the blazer and she yanked me off playfully. ignoring me as she removed her glasses and looked around the street.

"it's alright"
she answered, distracted. she stared behind us with concerned eyes but I carried on, not thinking much of it.

"I mean, I know if I-"
I yelped as y/n shoved me into the alleyway and slammed me against the wall beside a dumpster.

"alright, the suit's a touchy subject, I get it now"
I groaned, my back aching. she put her hand against my mouth and I tried to peel it away. I searched her eyes for an explanation but she only poked her head out of the alleyway, searching for something.

she turned to me, our faces practically touching. I stopped struggling, suddenly stunned by her expression.

"for once in your life maximoff, shut up. shut up and it might just save your life"
she whisper yelled and I whined in offense but stopped.

I heard several footsteps as y/n shoved me further into the wall, her knee pressing over my heat. I gulped and tried not to sigh in pleasure.

four men ran past us, the last one staying behind to poke his head in. y/n quickly ducked behind the dumpster and cradled me tightly in her arms, pushing my head into her chest with one hand, the other still on my mouth. I let it happen, gladly. we heard the man move away and I sighed.

I cleared my throat and y/n let go of my mouth.

"oh, sorry"
I wiped my face as we stood up, wincing from the pain in my back. y/n still watched the street for any signs of danger.

"what the hell was that?"
she ignored my shouts and grabbed our two bags in her one hand.

"let's go a different way"
she grabbed my palm and I was silenced by her hands again.

———————————

word count- 1194

stop bc im actually jealous