fourteen

september 23rd 2015

y/n pov

wanda lay on the snowy floor, making snow angels. though they didn't work entirely due to the amount of snow, we still tried anyway. wolfie rushed over, bouncing around us, filled with energy.

our gloved pinkies touched as they inched closer. but I grew scared and pulled away. I inhaled before clearing my throat.

I stood up and helped her up. she brushed herself off

"what if I can't do it?"
her eyes were filled with the purest of emotions.

"we've got plenty of space so you won't hurt anyone or cause any damage. I promise you'll be fine"
she stood still and refused to begin.

"what about you?"
my shoulders slumped in irritation.

"don't worry about me"

"you make it very hard not to sometimes"
she had meant for me not to hear it but I could hear it very clearly. I cleared my throat and clapped my hands.

"come on, idiot. we'll start small, okay. I won't push you, trust me"
she pulled a face.

"im the idiot?"
I groaned loudly.

"don't you start now"
I pointed at her and she raised her hands in surrender.

"we're wasting time now wanda, wolfie is getting hungry"
she sighed and rolled her eyes.

"but what if I can't do it?"
my eyes bulged out of their sockets and she laughed.

"alright, okay"
she got into her stance and I walked closer towards her.

"thank you"
I searched the forest silently, humming to myself as the birds tweeted loudly.

"lift that rock"
she gave me an unimpressed look but did it anyway. I gave her a nod of approval and she smiled proudly.

"okay, if you think you're so clever"
she shook her head, sighing in disbelief as I smiled playfully.

"hit me with that acorn"
I pointed at a lone acorn that stood in the middle of us.

"seriously?"
she laughed but stopped when she looked at me.

"this is as serious as it gets"
she stared at my hard face and nodded.

"but I don't want to hit you...

flashback

"you should never hit someone, y/n. it is a ghastly thing to do. only bad people hit"
a mother told her four year old child.

"father hits you. does that mean he's bad?"
the woman slapped her child in anger.

"don't you dare say that about your father. he is our provider!"
the girl could only nod, for she had been slapped plenty before.

"if he heard you... why you'd be dead"

y/n?

"y/n?"

wanda waved her hand in front of my wide eyes , allowing them to blink slowly.

"what's wrong?"

"sorry. I just feel a bit out of it"
she stood still and wolfie sat a few feet beside her, the both of them pulling the same expression.

"how about you stay and practice, I don't feel too good"
I held my head lightly as I felt a slight pressure in the back. I stared at her wide eyed and scoffed.

"did you just read my mind? you did didn't you?"
I wasn't even angry, just genuinely hurt. she was the first person I had trusted in years.

"no, I didn't mean to. I just wanted to know what was wrong, it was just instinct, im sor-"
I walked away, not facing her.

"I can't believe you"
before she could respond, I was gone. wolfie would look after her, I wasn't too worried.

I sped home, literally. I couldn't get drunk. so instead, I drank all the blood packets I had. they gave me a sort of relief, the same that humans described for cigarettes. I sighed, the cold blood somehow warming my throat.

——————

wanda pov

I was concerned by what I saw but I didn't want to think about it. I wasn't meant to see what I knew. I groaned loudly, tears stinging my eyes. wolfie wined, wondering why y/n had left. it made me cry even more.

I kicked the snow harshly as my breathe shook and I looked up at the clouds.

"I messed it up"

————————————

y/n pov

I sat on the porch, hearing the barks of wolfie. I heard the front door open and soon later, the door beside me. I sat still, scared to face her. I wasn't mad at her in the very least. I was just terrified of what she would think of me. I was a bodyguard, not a sad, traumatised, little girl.

she stood by the door for a few moments before slowly sitting next to me. when I didn't move away she turned her body to face me. I stared at a tree, putting my entire concentration onto its leaves as my heel tapped against the wooden planks.

"I made this for you"
she placed something into my lap.

some ideas 👆you can choose one of those or find another one 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

I looked down and my face loosened. I had seen her making it for a few weeks, her sad attempts at hiding it had been very obvious. I fiddled with its sleeve, admiring its material, and let myself smile slightly.

"I really am sorry, y/n. I didn't at all mean to invade your privacy. I won't make excuses, it was wrong but it will never happen again. im sorry for being distrustful"
she looked hopeful towards me but I still refused to make eye contact.

"it's okay. im not annoyed with you"
my voice was slightly hoarse and croaky.

"you aren't?"
I could hear the joy in her voice. I had to pinch myself as to not smile so my cheeks hurt.

"no, I was just scared really. of what you would think of me, I mean"
I distracted myself with the sweater, stroking its wool.

"nothing will ever make me think differently of you, y/n. I've already made my mind up about you"
I laughed once, smiling sadly.

if only she knew.

"and what's that, maximoff?"

"I think you're the best thing that's ever happened to me"

————————————
word count- 1007

give me a gf like wanda pls