Vol. 1 Chapter 3.1 - The School of Your Dreams

The chaos of having my mom and dad meet my party members was short-lived ever since I mentioned that we were going to the famous Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, or just ANHS for short.

It was probably the shock of both me having friends (let alone female ones) and having to attend such a prestigous school that they had almost collapsed. I guess that was my fault.

In their half delirious state, I heard them muttering about 'our NEET son is going to a school like that?!' and 'will we actually get grandkids?'. I beg whoever is reading or watching this to ignore that last bit. Don't think I don't know that you're there!

Apparently the girls have already picked up their two school uniforms, the school issue phones and their student ID cards, together with their dorm number. They picked it up at the branch office of the school. It's also where the entrance exams are held and where the students get fitted for their uniform on the off chance that they pass.

The school had also prepared a service where in we can have some of our stuff delivered and set up in our dorm rooms. So of course, I took advantage of having other people do the work for me. Just because I'm back in Japan doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to start being an upstanding citizen. Hell no!

"Is this the last box Kazuma?" Darkness asked me as she put down the small box filled with the last of the magical items I brought with me.

We were currently preparing the items that we wanted to be transported to our dorm rooms.
This included the clothes that the girls brought with them and the ones they 'bought' here (stolen) and of course our adventuring gear.

We unanimously agreed to put the magical stuff in my room as in their words 'No one's going to visit Kazuma's room anyway.' Just because of that I'm going to have someone, preferrably a girl, visit my room just to spite you Aqua!

"Yep, I think that's the last one." I reply, looking up from the paper containing the list of most of our requested items of transport, minus the magic ones since I had them listed under both Special and Fragile, so hopefully the moving guys don't open them and also don't break them.

"Hah... Why do my strength and stamina stats have to be reset?! I'm actually a goddess in name again! Stupid heavenly council!" Aqua whined as she crashed down on the floor. I mean you still have the stamina as always Aqua, plus it's partially you're fault for running around all morning doing who knows what.

Aqua, who used to have the highest stats in the party, now has the lowest, even lower than mine.
With the only stat that she beats me at being magic. Everything else is mostly on par with mine sans luck and intelligence of course.

At least her magic stat wasn't reset or I would've forced her to teach me some of her healing and holy skills, even if they do take a lot of skill points.

"Well that's a sad sight isn't it Kazuma?" Megumin commented as she too put down the boxes filled with her items.

"Yeah. I almost feel sorry for her. Almost." That was true, having the lowest stats in the party for the longest time, I knew how Aqua felt and was compelled to sympathize for her.

Then I remembered all the trouble she caused, all the debt she piled up, all the stupid things she's done and with that all the sympathy vanished without a trace.

I send my mental prayers to whoever god was watching over us. I do hope it's Eris though even if she is busy with her own world.

"Still, I can't wait to see what the school we're going to is like. We have passed by a few schools early on, but we were always ushered out, with the guards giving us a weird look." Darkness, I think they sent you out because of the clothes you were wearing. Much more if the schools you visited were for elementary students.