Vol. 1 Chapter: 1.2 - Masterpiece's Salvation

I once again sat alone in a pure white room. No colors could be seen anywhere on this facility.

It's been a few months since I experienced my brief taste of freedom, due to a shutdown of the white room some time ago.

My freedom only lasted a short week before the white room became operational again.

During that brief experience, I met my butler Matsuo and he eas like my mentor, teaching me things about the world that I wasn't taught in that place.

Social norms, etiquette, even the forms of entertainmemt that a kid like me should have access to, I was shown it all. I had also briefly met his son, who soon became my first friend.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end as I was recalled back to the white room after whatever troubles were solved.

Though that brief moment of freedom ignited something within me.

I want to get out of this place.

____________________________

It was a normal day that I had awoken to. I did my morning excercises ate some breakfast them proceeded to go to 'class'.

Since I was the only one left in my generation, the hallways were only filled with researchers amd instructors. Some made a way for me while others looked at me with contempt.

I was currently in the designated
break room. There is a period of time between morning classes and actual training, used to give us time to prepare for hell.

That is what would happwn during a normal day but...

An alarm blared throughout the facility. The normally white walls were now bathed in red light.

An announcement was heard through the numerous speakers in the facility.

Attention. All combat units proceed to Section 1-B. The intruder is closing in on the 4th geneation area. Do not let her advance.

Well, that was certainly an interesting turn of events. An intruder was making their way to the 4th generation area huh.

And from the sounds of it, the intruder was female and alone. If she went all this way alone, then she must have incredible connections or be incredibly skilled.

I wonder what her goal is?

I could hear the gunshots and screams of the fallen guards come closer and closer to my area.

She seems to be having light work of some of the most highly trained professionals in the country.

A part of me wanted to stay cooped up in here and let the situation run its course. But a much larger part of me wanted to go out and see this intruder for myself.

It may sound dumb, to voluntarily walk out of safety only out if curiousity. But that very nature was what allowed us to learn more about our world and how to effectively conquer it.

As I gently opened the door, I could hear that a conversation was now starting.

I poked my head out of the room and saw that the guards had formed a defensive line. The hallway was filled with guards and soldiers alike. On the other side was the mysterious intruder.

She had... Wait what? I can't form a mental image of her. I could clearly see that she was standing right there, but I couldn't describe hwr features.

It was as if the connection between my eyes and brain were severed, but only for this specific girl.

I tried to test it by looking around and describing things, white sterile walls, soldiers clad with weapons and gear. Some of them were even almost crying, saying 'I never wanted to take this stupid job!'. Poor guy.