Day 11 - Lurking

[Alex's POV]

...

...I know he's still the same as he always was.

Even in death, he's still bitter about how he lost the war that lasted for eons, and seeks control of everyone around him. I almost feel bad for the other people down there with him... almost. Those other people believed themselves to be above consequences and did things almost as bad as him. It's honestly kind of hilarious to see them all stuck under his thumb, when they were the ones that acted however they pleased when they were still alive.

Still though... I'm worried he's going to gain power again. I'm worried he's going to try and control everyone again... control me again. I still feel terrible for only watching as he destroyed all of those lives... even though there was nothing I could really do.

Galaxy, the last other good creator left after the rest were killed when everything came apart... cursed by him to forever have issues with his memory. He can't remember that battle now...

Rainbow, always targeted by him because the Elders created him artificially. Was why he had to be sealed away for all those generations, and... what happened to the poor little guy after he died and the war was close to ending. Hypno just had to rub Rainbow's lost memories in Sabre's face... it's not like I can be mad at him anymore, though.

The Guardian, my longtime friend. We may not have even known each other's names back then, but we still had the same understandings of him. And now, because of him, the Guardian can't fly anymore...

The Overseer, all that time ago he was working alongside the Guardian. He was braver than the rest of us, and I appreciate that he tried to stick up for us two, but... it only ended in his curse...

Green and Purple Steve. They were only the kids we know now when they died by his hand...

Light, just like his brother, targeted by him for his artificial creation... especially since it was Sabre who created him. It's not like I have an issue with how he is now, but... now he's so uncaring about himself and his life, because of the revivals... he used to be so hopeful...

...I have many reasons to hate him, especially given what he did to me, but what makes me hate him most is that he did all of those things to all of those poor people. They were all his creations, he used to care for them the same any creator does, and he used to care for me. But, somehow, I dunno what snapped in him... he was just never the same.

I'm not just talking about after he rose from his eons-long stasis, no. Before he made everything fall apart, he changed. I was just too blind and afraid to realize it. I know now that he was manipulating my view of things so I would stay with him...

And I know he's with me, in this dream.

"Just show yourself already, I know you're here." I say, standing in this white abyss.

He appears before me, still looking as bloodied and ragged as he was when he was killed.

"Alex-" He starts, but I cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it, Origin." I say coldly. "You've messed everything up enough, and I'm not letting you get the slightest chance of getting to mess it up further. Just accept that you lost. You're not in control of this world anymore, you're not in control of the people, and you're definitely not in control of me."

"Alex, please. Just-"

Origin tries to say something else, but I'm not letting him throw out more excuses.

"No, I've heard enough from you since the very day you turned into the monster you are now." I continue. "No more excuses. No more games. No more of your petty, selfish ways. I left you behind, Origin. Just as everyone else with sense has. You're only lurking down in the Spiritless World because your consequences have finally caught up to you, and me and my actual friends are going to make sure you stay down there."

I turn away, ready for this to end.

"Alex, wait!" Origin calls after me.

"I swear, if you contact me again like this... no, if you ever contact me again, at all, I'm going down there myself and taking the last of your power away. Only reason I haven't done it yet is because the Guardian would be upset about it." I say. "Just go already."

I wait for the dream to end, everything fading.

—————————————————————————————————————

I wake up in the middle of the night.

Hopefully that's the last time he does that. I don't know if I'm going to accidentally make something explode in my sleep if he does it again. The way he still thinks he can get me on his side like how he used to control me- It's just- Infuriating.

...He seriously needs to just learn to let go. I'm getting worried he's going to try something if he doesn't.