Day 7 - Matrimony

A lot of people used this one for shipping stuff, but I'm uncomfortable with that topic so I'm not doing that. Even though it has a 'romantic' definition, when I think of 'matrimony', I think of peace. So, I'm doing that. Thank you for understanding :>

—————————————————————————————————————

[A Yellow Steve (SS) Spirit POV]

After the End Crystal blast, it had been a long time since anyone had visited us in the Spirit World, with the Guardian's disconnection and all... until now.

We're all living in peace with each other, learning from each other's experiences while they were living and discovering what truly happened throughout the history of our world from the Ore Steves, since they had been one of Origin's first creations. In fact, with their power, we were even able to fix all of the Red Steves' problem with uh... their lack of thinking.

Turns out, they were supposed to be just as smart as the rest of us, but all of the Chromatics of our world were left incomplete when Origin put us out into the world. Their barely sentient, almost feral minds were a result of that. Now, they're not nearly so quick to rage and are actually very nice people.

For a while, all of us spirits watched the Overworld as the survivors of the blast rebuilt the settlement that the Three Heroes originally made. Two of them are there, alive and well, but the third and their leader is missing... and apparently, so is an Emerald Steve that's supposed to be in the Spirit World with the rest of them and the other Ore Steves. We had been trying to figure out what had happened to them as we watched.

Watching wasn't the only thing we'd do, far from it. Most of the time, we're talking with each other and telling stories, playing games with the little ones here, exploring what the rest of the world looks like now, and just generally messing around (much to the more responsible Ore Steves' joking disappointment). We've been living like that ever since the world became empty.

But today... something happened.

A portal of some kind opened in the Spirit World. A few minutes later, a ton of figures we all recognize popped through and greeted us.

It was none other than Sabre's people, the ones only he and Lucas could see, and a very few specific Steves as well. During the time of the Three Heroes' travels and battles, we were able to see them and became friendly with one another. The same day the blast happened, they disappeared along with Sabre. We had missed them dearly, so this was a very pleasant surprise.

They can only visit for a few hours at a time each day, but we make the most of it. Just as we always have, we share our separate experiences and play with each other. It was easy introducing them to later generations and species of Steves they hadn't met before, as the Sky People (that's the name Rainbow Steve gave them, and the only name they've ever had) are very friendly as long as nobody gives them a reason not to be.

They've also been helping with figuring out the jumbled history of our world, as they were here for a good chunk of it and seem to have better memory than we do. They even seem to have seen Rainbow Steve's view of things just after everything fell apart, from when he was created to when he was put into an eight-generation-long stasis. It's been useful to figure out the truths of what happened and wave away Origin's lies.

Everything has stayed peaceful. Harmonious. There have been no dangers in the Spirit World since before the End Crystal's erasion of the world.

We can only hope it stays that way...

—————————————————————————————————————

Sorry this one is short, and the next one probably will be too. I'm using a lot of my motivation for this book for days 9 and 10, which one has some End Crystal infection lore drops and the other has a crap ton of some backstory for Emerald Steve. I'm sure you'll like them :)