Day 2 - Heroic

[Colle's POV]

I had no idea just how much one person could do... until I heard of Sabre.

While I did do so many things in my world that no one would ever dream of, all of that is only a fraction to the things he's done in this world. I mean... I've fought my own friend that was turned to a path of corruption, but I could never go against Origin himself. I understand it wasn't my world's Origin Steve, but still.

This 'Sabre' person, that so many people seem to know here... he very well deserves the title of hero, just as many in my world and this one do. However, Sabre has gone above and beyond for such a thing, saving countless Steves and the world not just once, but multiple times. Must be why he's known as The Savior here...

Hearing all of those stories is fun, but overwhelming. Especially after the whole 'Interuniversal Travel' thing, I kinda needed a break from people. Right now I'm sitting against the giant tree at the back of the town, apparently called the Rainbow Tree of Life. It's grown much more than when I first got here, that's for sure. It's pretty calming to be around, just watching the clouds go by as the wind rustles through the thousands of leaves above my head. It also helps that it has a bit of a healing aura... it doesn't feel like I'm falling apart anymore, and I was even able to leave the Heart of Genesis at my new house here.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when I see a familiar, colorful person excitedly running up to me, with a smile on his face as always.

"Hi Colle!" Rainbow greets me, quickly sitting down next to where I am at the base of the Tree. "Whatcha doing?"

"Hey there, Rainbow." I smile back. "I'm just thinking about stuff from home, what about you?"

It's weird not being the only Rainbow around here... although no one else knows about it. Somehow, even through I was separated from the Crystals, I'm still able to become the colorful form of the Second Hero. I don't know why it happens, I'm just lucky that I can control it and stay hidden as just me. It's better for me to keep it secret than cause more confusion and chaos.

"Wellll..." Rainbow starts to spout off. "Everyone was thinking that we'd play a few games later! It's getting a little boring right now! Maybe hide-and-seek, and tag, and King of the Hill, and we could see who can climb up the Rainbow Tree the fastest, and so many more things! Oh, and later when it gets dark, we can do stuff like tell some more stories and shoot off fireworks that Professor Red made and maybe even play some more hide-and-seek since it'll have more of a challenge!"

Rainbow takes a breath at the end of his rant, and I smile at his excited antics. Sometimes he reminds me of Goggles, whenever he would get excited about whatever it was that he was working on that week or when he found something new he was researching... I miss him, the real him. Not whatever was causing him to be so... crazy. Not only him, but the rest of my friends back home and the other Elites. I wonder how they're doing right now...

I pull myself from my memories and go to join Rainbow and the others in their antics. When we get there, we see the Overseer chasing Yellow around, Galaxy and Ryan holding a bucket of water over Illusion, Lucas trying to get Green Steve to put Hypno (who's trapped in one of Green's vines) down, Purple Steve just hanging out with Light underneath the dock, staying out of the chaos, Professor Red about to set off a bottle rocket, and Alex and the Guardian looking so done with everyone else.

Alex sees me and walks over just as Rainbow and the Guardian rush over to keep Hypno and Green from getting into a fight.

"Colle, thank goodness! Can you help out here?" Alex asks. "There's not enough responsible people here... it's like herding cats, honestly."

I chuckle and walk with Alex towards the whirlwind of shenanigans.

"Yeah, sure, I'll help." I say. "As long as I don't get dragged into the lake again."

I dodge just as Yellow and the Overseer rush by us, and I now see that Yellow has the Overseer's book. That must by why he's chasing him. We've got some work to do...

Eventually, everyone calms down. Rainbow soon enough brings up his idea of playing some games, and everyone agrees it's a good idea. Yellow draws the short straw and has to be first as Seeker once we agree to hide-and-seek, and we all scramble to different spots around the town as he starts counting.

As I jump into a tree to hide, I smile at the thought of spending so much time with my newfound friends today. Yeah, people are tiring, but... in some cases it's worth it, just like with my Elite friends from before I came here.

As I watch everyone hide, I think about the stories of the missing member of the group; Sabre. I wonder if he ever had to deal with things like I did... I know that life isn't always fair, I learned that a long time ago, so he must have right? Maybe not the exact same things, but maybe since he was a target of so many people, he must have had similar experiences right?

I wonder if I could ever meet this guy and share our stories just as others share them to each other... from one hero to another.