019.

Ch

Ch. 019 —

[Yeonjun.]

The research makes me feel a lot better than I initially thought it would. It feels as if after this long and painful journey I can finally grasp that light at the end of this dark tunnel. I can finally hold the answers to the questions that were sitting in the back of my mind, the relief soothing my whole body the further I explored these various sources.

I don't know how much of these are true, but if they are, then maybe you really are going to be okay — and I'm going to be with you every step of the way.

I scroll through the comment section on this one blog, curious of the responses;

>>> 'I have an aunt who had the disease, she said it ended for her after she lost feelings too.'

>>> 'I had the surgery and don't regret it. I SERIOUSLY recommend!'

>>> 'you guys are all idiots, there's no such thing as hanahaki disease'

It's obvious the last comment is just some miserable person, but other than that the feedback is positive. The blog is about someone's first hand experience with overcoming Hanahaki Disease by moving on — and as of now they are happily married to someone else.

Okay, well, maybe Beomgyu didn't want to exactly do that, but moving on was definitely in his plan. I could always hope deep down that in the future we could be more, but right now that's not the priority — his life is.

I sigh, closing the laptop. Maybe he should start with seeing a specialist?

My hands search the bed for my phone, and upon finding it I do a quick search for doctors nearby that deal with diseases such as Hanahaki. It takes a while before anyone promising pops up, and when they finally do, I'm not so sure. The only place I can find is 2 hours away. I'm skeptical, but after a quick scroll through the reviews my hope returns. This can really be it. The end to Beomgyu's pain.

But is it really that easy? Only one way to find out...

It looks like a small road trip is up for planning. Well, after Beomgyu's opinion, of course.

I open the phone app and tap on the familiar contact. The one I probably click on the most out of anyone else and the same reason for why it's at the top of my favorites list. Beomgyu's contact picture is a cute selfie the two of us took a few years back during a hike. We were playing a dangerous game of chicken just before the photo was taken, and it almost resulted in me losing my phone off a cliff. However, the memory is a fond one, and I find myself smiling subconsciously reminiscing it. The feelings in my chest grow stronger the more I think of us. I can't lose this.

The phone rings for a few seconds before a familiar voice fills through the line. "Hi, hyung," Beomgyu says. He sounded happier than usual, something I wish to be permanent.

I take a deep breath to calm myself. Why am I suddenly nervous again? It's okay, Beomgyu says he'll do whatever it takes.

"I think I found someone that can help you, Beoms."

Blood Painted Flowers — yeongyu.