013.

Ch

Ch. 013 —

[Beomgyu.]

Couching, choking, feeling like my throat is being ripped out of my body. It's starting to get repetitive at this point.

...five...six...seven...eight..

...hm, that's strange, usually there's way more.

I'm counting the flowers in my trash; something I do to see how far away I am from death (as if I knew how many it would take to kill me). It weirdly keeps me sane.

Three days ago I had a total of thirteen, five more than today. The emotions flooding my body at the smaller number of flowers are so confusing. I can't figure them out. What does this mean? Am I dying?! No, calm down, it's barely even been a month.

I take a deep breath and force myself to walk away from the mess. I'll deal with it later. Right now what I need is to lie down. Losing so much blood is making me light headed these days.

It's seven o'clock in the morning and usually I'd be getting ready for school that's to start in the next thirty minutes. However today I woke up and could barely feel my body. I'm better now, but I don't think I can handle a full day of boring lessons and moving from class to class. I called my mom before she left for work. My dad had already left for work an hour before her and my older brother had just recently moved out for university at the beginning of the year.

I explained to her how I felt and after she fussed over how pale I was, she finally called the school to inform I'll be out sick — and with some convincing from me she finally headed to work. My mother has always been very protective over me, especially with me being the youngest in the family. Maybe I should tell her about everything. But the reason I hesitate is that I don't want her to be sad. Same goes for my dad. It hurts less when they don't know their youngest son is dying. Sure, it'll be a bit of a shock, but this is what Beomgyu wants. The less they know the better, right? Whatever, everything is so confusing. I don't know what to do anymore.

Even though I'm tired and barely able to open my eyes, falling back asleep takes awhile. I hate when this happens. It never fails to make me uncomfortable, especially more so than I already am.

Sometimes I wished this disease would just take me already.

Blood Painted Flowers — yeongyu.