005.

Ch

Ch. 005 —

[Yeonjun.]

I watch as Beomgyu's start coughing, excusing himself once again. Coincidentally it's when we're near Taehyun. It's always when we're near Taehyun.

I know how he feels about him. I know the best out of anyone.

I'm worried for him, so I follow him to the bathroom while he's too distracted to even notice me.

That's when I first see them.

The blood painted flowers. Well, the petals, at least.

You aren't the only one who likes reading books. I know what they mean too: Hanahaki Disease.

Beomgyu faces me with glossed over eyes — the unshed tears that threaten to fall take over his vision. He's in so much pain and from his expression alone I can feel every ounce of it.

It all makes sense now. I thought he had finally gotten over Taehyun from the way he was avoiding him, but in reality he was just trying to avoid this.

I do the only thing I can in that moment and that is to comfort him. I hope he feel safe in my arms, even if they aren't the arms he's hoped for.

We've known each other forever. Why did I not realize something was happening to him? Am I a bad friend for this?

"You should get the surgery," I suggest — because living in a world without you wouldn't really be living at all.

Beomgyu shakes his head...and that's that. I know I can't convince him no matter how hard I try. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna give up on him.

From then on I make a promise to both him and myself to make the rest of his life worth living. Because seeing Beomgyu happy is enough, even if I'm not. Truthfully I'm scared for what life will bring to us both, but I'm willing to risk anything if it means he's happy. Seeing him happy is what I love the most.

I know he'll never share the same feelings I have for him, but it doesn't make me love him any less. I don't think I'll ever be able to not love him.

Let me make your last months mean something, alright?

And just promise me you won't regret this.

Blood Painted Flowers — yeongyu.