003.

Ch

Ch. 003 —

[Beomgyu.]

10 days. 10 days since the first petal.

I was able to get through the entire school day without feeling the urge to cough up the petals growing from the depths of my stomach. It makes me feel good. Maybe it means I'm finally getting over you.

But those hopes are crushed as soon as I get home and see a post on Instagram of the two of them together. The lump in my stomach I was able to bury deep down throughout the day finds its voice. It was calling for freedom, making its way up my throat and using my flesh as a ladder and foundation to latch its sharp thorns onto.

I run to the bathroom and I am just barely able to make it in time before I start coughing up the usual rose petals. There are twice as many as yesterday and the only thought that comes to my mind is how grateful I am that it's not the whole flower.

You know, I used to find roses beautiful — but seeing my blood splattered across them like they're a canvas made to be painted on makes me think otherwise.

Maybe I am scared after all.

I don't actually want to die, but I for sure don't want to forget about my feelings for you either. What do I do?

I can't help but let the tears fall, mixing with the blood and staining the petals even more.

Make it stop...please.

Blood Painted Flowers — yeongyu.