006.

Ch

Ch. 006 —

[Yeonjun.]

The school is holding its annual fall festival and I somehow convinced Beomgyu to go. He always loves going and receiving those free goody bags filled with useless yet cute trinkets — and I love watching his eyes light up at the sight of them.

Beomgyu had tried to get out of it at first, worried about his disease. But I think we both know that hiding won't do him any good.

"It'll be fun. Plus you'll regret it if you don't go," I had said.

We were talking over the phone.

"Okay, fine," he groans.

The weather is growing colder and as per usual Beomgyu forgets his jacket. I give him mine and it totally does not make my ego boost. Definitely not.

"Won't you be cold?" Beomgyu worries.

I just smile and shake my head. "I'm okay."

After all, just being here with him is enough to warm my heart. The very heart that's slowly warming up the rest of my body.

We meet up with Kai and Soobin at the entrance of the school courtyard. About half the school are here enjoying the makeshift games, food, and drinks for purchase.

The four of us walk around, trying new snacks and buying random gifts. It's fun, and I can tell Beomgyu is truly happy.

And that is enough to make me happy too.

Blood Painted Flowers — yeongyu.