Chapter 12

Athena

"Hermione, please calm down!" I begged, exasperated.

"But h-how could I?" She asked me through tears. I put a hand on her shoulder, reassuringly. I pulled her into a hug as she cried. Ron and Harry watched, bewildered at the fact I was trying to talk to her now. Teenage boys didn't like crying, wizard or not. They were all alike.

Fred had gotten out of the hospital wing the same day he was put in. That was last week and he's been fine ever since. I've been more confident in my knowledge for the exams, and the only problem now, is the one right in front of me. Hermione was upset, because her hard work to save Buckbeak the Hippogriff had backfired. It seemed to her that it was a complete waste of time. I knew they would vote against her, but I wouldn't dare tell her that. The only reason I knew her efforts wouldn't work was because this execution had Draco and Lucius Malfoy involved.

"Listen," I said softly "we'll find a way to save him. After all, you do have the all mighty Athena on your side!" I said, puffing out my chest. She laughed a little, wiping the wetness from her eyes and cheeks. I used humour to cheer her up, it always worked. She took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes. The tears stopped flowing. She had reason, and she knew it was out of her control now.

"Wanna study? Might take my mind off things?" She asked and I smiled.

"Sure, Lupin might help too, if you wanna go and see him." I suggested and she nodded. "Let me go grab my school bag." I told her, and went to my dorm. Inside, Angelina was chatting with Katie Bell and Alicia Spinett. They had parchment and quills laying in front of them, but they were ignoring them. I gave them a grin when I entered, which they returned. "What's up, guys?" I asked, kindly as I gathered my books off my bed.

"Dreading these OWL's." Angelina groaned and I laughed. "They will be the death of me, I'm sure." The other two agreed. I knew them vaguely, not enough to call them a friend. They were still kind, which I appreciated.

"Certain class getting you down?" I questioned. They looked between themselves and shrugged, thinking about it.

"Potions has been a little tricky. Snape doesn't love teaching us." Katie spoke up, and the other two murmured an agreement. I smiled and handed them over my potions guide.

"I have some tricks in the margins. Professor Lupin taught me some at home." I confessed. They knew our relation. My story was almost as widely known as Harry's. They looked at the tattered leather bindings like it was solid gold.

"You mean it?" Alicia asked, giddily.

"Of course! I'm going to practice some other stuff today, anyway. Gotta perfect some of McGonagall's transfiguration." I assured the trio. "You can copy it into your own books. I've tried them all, and they work. The professors never check for writing when you bring you stuff in." I added.

"Thank you so much, Athena!" Angelina's voice echoed into the hallway. I let out a laugh.

"No trouble at all, just throw it on my side when you're done with it." She nodded in agreement. She didn't take her eyes off me, though.

"How have you been holding up? With your dad and everything?" She asked. I gave her a shrug.

"It's a little annoying more than anything. Never knowing where he is or if he's safe. He may have some bad accusations against him, but he's still my father, you know? I still worry." I confided. The three agreed.

"I get that. Parents are parents, you can't choose them, but you have to love them." Katie replied. I smiled, looking back to my bed.

"Exactly." I slung my bag over my shoulder, and turned back to them. "I ought to get going, Hermione was looking for someone to study with. I'll catch you guys later." They all bid their goodbyes and thanked me again. I waved it off and carried on back to the common room where Hermione was waiting. I nodded my head towards the door and she followed. I lead her down to Moony's office. Once again I entered, not bothering to knock. I stepped in, Hermione in tow, and I sat down in the usual seat. Remus barely looked up at me. She took the chair next to me.