Chapter 8

Athena

In the next few months, not much happened. I caught up on all my work after I saw dad. I had seen him lurking around outside some days, and that made my day better whenever I did. To know he was still okay was the best thing in the world. Soon enough, if things worked out, I could have a dad again. Fred and I were walking hand in hand outside by the lake when I saw Harry walking out of the castle. I let go of Fred's hand and told him I would be right back. I jogged over to Harry just as he was about to put the invisibility cloak on. I couldn't help but smile. I knew exactly what he was up to: trying to sneak into Hogsmeade.

"Harry!" I called out and he looked up at me. When he saw it was me, he looked relieved and he broke into a smile.

"Athena, hey." He said.

"Whatcha doing.... You're going to Hogsmeade aren't you?" I asked, raising and eyebrow. He laughed and nodded. I knew he would be fine, I wasn't worried for him.

"Maybe... don't tell?" He asked, sheepishly.

"Why must you have so little faith in me?" I ask with mock hurt. He smiled and I rolled my eyes. "Of course I won't. Go have fun." I waved him off. He was relieved at my words. Of course I wouldn't get him in trouble. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't let him do what he wanted? Within reason, of course. If he had told me he was going to fight an army of dementors, I'd probably have to stop him.

"Thanks for not being another Hermione," he laughed and I grinned.

"Go, and be careful. Don't get caught, and don't to anything stupid."

"I won't," he reassured me, putting the cloak on. "See ya later!" He exclaimed.

"Bye, Harry." I said, running back over to Fred who hadn't moved. He watched the whole conversation, and had a smile on his lips when I returned.

"Good job giving him that map." I said with a grin. "I was worried he'd never get to Hogsmeade." I said, intertwining our fingers once more. I knew about his home life, and I figured his aunt and uncle would never sign his permission slip. I wanted him to enjoy his time at Hogwarts. He deserved to experience everything he could.

"You're not mad?" He asked and I looked at him, offended.

"Of course not! That's an insult for you to even think I'd be mad. Everyone needs a little risk." I smiled. I believed if everyone made the right amount of mischief, we would all be a lot happier.

"But he would be in danger-"

"Really? Fred. It's my dad you're talking about. He isn't a murderer, and he isn't out to get Harry. The only thing he needs to be cautious about is the dementors." I said, giving him a sideways glare.

"Right.. Sorry." He mumbled, running his thumb over my knuckles. I didn't mean to get angry with Fred, but I was defensive. I thought he understood how I felt on the topic. I didn't want to argue, but he had an irrational fear of my father.

I sighed, turning towards him and kissing him him. I just needed him to know I loved him, no matter what. He kissed back, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer. I don't think either of us cared that we were in the middle the grounds where everyone could see. I rested my forehead on his and let my lips hover over his. A certain black dog came out of nowhere and started nudging my left leg, making a noise that was a mix between a growl and whimper. I rolled my eyes, while Fred looked down, curiously. I scowled and looked down at my father in his animagus form. I knew exactly what he was doing and I didn't like it one bit. "No," I said firmly and looked back up to Fred. He smiled and looked down at the dog, unsure of how to react.