Chapter 3: Partner Loyalty

"Are you absolutely sure about that? No, no that's fine. Do you have his address on file? Perfect, yes I'm ready for it. Uh-huh, ok, wonderful thank so much for you help I really appreciate it." Montoya ended the call and looked at Percy he pulled the cruiser up to the stop light,

"That was Ganteer's Chauffeur services, the ones the St. Cloud's had on retainer, apparently, one John Dorsett hasn't called in sick once this week. And the company swears up and down that Mr. Dorsett has been the personal driver for Silver St. Cloud since the St. Cloud's moved to Gotham."

Percy looked over briefly, then readjusted and took off down the road when the light turned green, "Sounds like we need to pay Mr. Dorsett a little visit. You get an address?"

"Yup, got a townhouse in the village, we'll head over after the penthouse." Percy just hummed in agreement.

Pulling into a parking space across from the town house the two detectives crossed the street and passed over into the Robbinsville High Rise. Crossing through the ostentatious lobby to the help desk, a pretty young woman with dark raven hair and deep almond skin greeted them in a false cheer, "Welcome to Robbinsville, looking to check in?"

The detectives showed their identification, and the smile dropped from the receptionist's face, "You're here for the St. Cloud residence?" she asked,

"Yes ma'am," Percy nodded,

"It hasn't been cleaned yet correct?"

The woman shook her head, "The service doesn't usually make it up to the penthouse before noon, but when we got your call I went ahead and cancelled the cleaning for today,"

Percy beamed at her and the woman smiled shyly at him, "That's awesome, thank you very much." The woman just brushed off the praise, her cheeks darkening slightly. Percy missed the way Montoya rolled her eyes but Percy was oblivious to it all.

"Anything I can do to help out the...brave members of our GCPD." She said, not even looking at Montoya,

Clearing her throat, Montoya tried to bring the woman's attention to her, but she was a little too distracted by her partner. Percy meanwhile, did turn to look at his partner, who just ignored him, "Can we get someone to let us into the room? Please?" She added, almost as an afterthought. The woman shook free from her daydreaming and nodded emphatically, "of course detective, one moment." Then she disappeared into a room behind the counter.

Percy turned and shot his partner a look, she glowered back at him, "What?" he asked,

"This going to be a thing with you?" she asked crossing her arms and looking at him, "Cause I gotta deal with it enough from those dipshits at the precinct, so if I have to deal with you flirting with everything with two legs and a pair of tits, I'd just like to know in advance."

Percy's expression darkened considerably, his brow furrowed and the lines of his face curved downward, "I don't know what the fuck you think just happened but it didn't. I don't make it a habit of trying to score on the job. I've got a bit more personal pride than that. And I'd thank you, for not lumping me in with those jackasses Cavallo and Wise." Leaning up against the counter, he crossed his arms, his suit jacket creasing slightly with the movement,

"Look Montoya, I know we haven't known each other very long yet, but I'd like to think that I presented myself a bit more professionally than what you're accusing me of."

Montoya just sighed, and looked away. He was right and she knew it, "You're right," she admitted, "I'm sorry. It's just, being the only female detective in the squad..." she trailed off, and Percy raised his hands in the air,

"No, no, believe me I get it. You got more to prove than anyone and I respect that. Stuck in the boys club that is the GCPD," He chuckled likely under his breath, "You remind me of Lois actually, always trying to prove herself when she had already proven that she was the best." He looked off fondly into the distance, but before Montoya could respond the door opened and the receptionist came walking back.