𝐕𝐈 - Manipulate

⚛》》》》》》◆《《《《《《⚛

  Pressing the call and speaker button, you sat up cross-legged on your bed while while tapping your knees anxiously with your hands. The line rang a few times before it was picked up.

    "Yello?"

    "Hey, Spence. I think I could really use some of your advice right now..."

« 🇺🇲 »

✭ .・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。. ✭

« 🇺🇲 »

    There was a moment of silence before you heard Spencer sigh heavily.

    "What did you do this time, (N/N)?"

    You began to fidget with your hands as you spoke, "I may have disappointed and let down my mother. You remember that internship I told you about, you know, the one U.N. offered me...?"

    "You declined it, didn't you?"

    You nervously inched back from your phone as if Spencer was really in front you.

    "...I could have possibly...done exactly what you said..."

    "Seriously, (Y/N)? Your mom was so excited for you to take this chance! She wanted you to get out, ya' know? Maybe do some good!"

    "Don't I already do good?"

    There was a pause, "No, not normally."

    "Whatever," You mumbled, "But anyways, I declined for a reason. It's just not for me alright! I'm not going to just go in and disappoint everyone who was expecting me to do better."

    "(Y/N), listen to me. Maybe you don't believe in yourself, but there's so many people who know you can do amazing things. Your mom, Braiden, and I, even U.N. himself believe in you."

    "Spence, that's only four people," You replied flatly.

    "That doesn't matter! You're missing the point here! It doesn't matter how many people it is, it's about how they truly think you are capable of this task. I love you as if you were my sister, and I want you to go in there and show off to U.N., because you are amazing and I know you can go above everyone's expectations and push yourself to be the best you can be. Even if you don't like the government, who cares! Push those feelings aside and try to have a better mindset! You can help save people and change this country for the better. If you don't have confidence in yourself, then I'll be your confidence!"

    You sat in the middle of your bed, your eyes watering, and phone shaking in your jittery hands as you processed the entire sacred speech Spencer just gave you. You

    "Um...hello? You there (N/N)?"

    You sniffled as the fresh salty tears escaped your eyes and streamed down your cheeks.

    "MY FUCKING EMOTIONS!"

    Spencer laughed as you fell to your side and began to heavily sob. It was one of your ugly cries, but that was okay. It was only Spencer, and probably your mom heard you.

    ❛❛I'm also here, if you forgot.❜❜

    Your crying ceased as you jumped up and yelled, startled, "GOD! Would you stop doing that! Who the hell are you? The damn boogeyman?!"

    "Uh...(Y/N), who are you talking to?"

    You had completely forgot Spencer was still on the line. Sadly due to you being a terrible lier under pressure, you blurted out the first excuse that popped up in your brain.