experiment number 69

"Hello number 69~" Moreau said in a cheerful tone turning to look at Vanitas as the door opened. The other did not return the greeting and merely glared at him with a look laced with distaste. 

"I told you not to call me that." He said in an annoyed tone.  

"Of course my number 69!" Moreau said teasing.

Vanitas gave him a look that would make any normal person run away as fast as their pathetic little legs could carry them.

"Anyway, 69, I was thinking-"

"Well that's not good." Vanitas muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" He asked sharply. 

"Nothing" He replied turning his head away with pride

"...anyway, I was thinking that, well loads of vampires have been becoming curse-bearers and, well," he shook his head with mock sorrow "We can't have that now, can we?" 

"Of course not ,now get to the point" 

"See number 69, you are the only one who can save the beloved vamps, are you not?"

Vanitas narrowed his eyes and watched Moreau warily from the seat opposite.

"You of all people are aware of that."

"Is that so..." The man eyed the other with a thoughtful, somber expression that was a full act. "So that means it may be a good idea if we were to carry on our experiments on you as soon as possible"

Silence passed in which the male looked at the man, eyes filled with nothing but loathing.

"It is a neccesary precaution" He said calmly barely registering the look of absolute hatred from the infamous being standing in front of him. "You see once we're able to find out how your book restores the curse bearers we will be able to manifest more books of similar kind"

"Nothing can mimic the Book Of Vanitas" he said, his clenched fists shaking as his teeth gritted.  "And... I never want to go back there

"Now now 69" Moreau said, getting up and patting Vanitas on the shoulder "You'll be just fine, if you'll just come with me-" 

"He won't be go going anywhere with you" said a sudden voice.

Vanitas thought his heart had stopped beating for a moment as Noe stepped out from the shadows.

A sudded crack was heard and Moreau was flying through the walls, falling finally in rubble almost 5 rooms away. Noe grabbed vanitas's hand and ran out of his room.

"Noe...." Vanitas said trying to catch his breath "where are we going?"

Noe stayed silent for a moment before replying in a firm voice.

"we're running away"