Chapter 1

The stupid annoying sound of my alarm clock went off. I groaned and slammed my fist down on it, but not too hard, since I would break it if I had.

"Why can't you just be normal and not wake me up at six fucking thirty in the morning?" I asked my alarm clock. Then I remembered my mom is usually always around at this time and I hoped she didn't hear me cuss, she doesn't like it when I cuss.

My mom didn't hear me though; she would've burst in here, yelling at me if she had.

I got out of bed and sighed, first day of senior year. I'm completely screwed, I was doing perfectly fine during vacation, where I could actually use my abilities. Now, school, means no getting the easy way out of things.

I got ready, taking my time, taking a shower, and going through all the norms before opening my closet, putting on a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank-top, and a blue flannel shirt, not buttoning it up. I slipped on some black converse and put my hair up in a pony tail, getting my book bag; I got out of my room and headed down the stairs.

I spotted my mom in the kitchen, "Hey ma," I greeted. "Imma meet Cora before the bus comes," I told her, getting a slice of toast from the plate.

"Well, you better hurry up with that because you're going to miss the bus if you don't get a move on," she told me with pursed lips. I smiled and pecked her on the cheek. I was about to walk out the door when she stopped me. "Anne, do you remember what's happening today?" she asked me.

I racked my brain for something and then it came to me, "Oh, yeah, you and dad are going on a short vacation without me," I told her, taking a bite of my toast.

"Yes, and I want you to be careful," she told me.

"I'll be fine mom, don't worry," I told her, and then the most awesome idea popped up in my head.

"Do you mind if I have Cora, Matt and Rosie over?" I asked with puppy dog eyes.

My mom seemed to think about it, then she nodded, "Fine, but you guys better not make such a mess, or a racket," she told me. "And no using your abilities," she added sternly.

"I won't and thanks, you and dad best have an awesome vacation," I told her before getting out of the house.

When I was outside, I contemplated, going to Rosie's house or my best friend, Cora's house. I mean if Rosie, my totally hot girlfriend wasn't back from her vacation, today would completely suck, and if I don't wake up Cora and she doesn't go to school, it's gonna suck too.

I decided to go to Cora's house, after all, I could always stop at Rosie's later, she lives like a block away from her.

When I got to Cora's house I looked up to her window and sighed.

I took out my phone and dialed her number. I could hear it ring in the quiet morning.

"Hello?" Cora asked groggily.

"Cora, get your ass up," I told her.

"Why?" she groaned.

"First day of your junior year, let's go!" I exclaimed.

There was no answer from the other end, "Cora?" I asked impatient.

"Yeah? What?" a disorientated voice asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Did you just hear what I said?" I asked.

"Yeah, school," she mumbled.

"Yeah, school," I repeated firmly, "Now get your lazy ass up and get down here," I ordered.

"Okay, mom!" Cora told me sarcastically before hanging up.

I rolled my eyes. Cora was such a child, it was unbelievable. The bus stop wasn't that far away from here, which was good. I guess I'll just make myself a proper breakfast, while I wait.