Chapter 5

Anna sighed in annoyance when she realized she didn't have her keys with her. She looked up at her friends and girlfriend and gave them all an apologetic smile.

"Guys," she said slowly, "I can't find my keys."

There were groans from the other three. "Are you fucking serious?" Cora asked.

"I think they fell out as I got out of the booth at DQ," Anna informed, shrugging.

"Do you want us to wait for you to get back?" Matt asked, eyebrows raised.

"No, it's alright," Anna sighed, "You guys can head off and get your stuff, I'll go back to DQ and try to look for the keys."

"You can't walk in the dark, Anna!" Rosie exclaimed, "What if you get raped or something?"

Anna chuckled, "What the hell is wrong with you, Rosie? Raped?" She asked. "It's the best way for me to go, there's a chance the keys fell on my way over here, gotta retrace my steps. Besides, I can take care of myself."

"Fine, whatever you say, let's go," Rosie sighed, starting to walk up the sidewalk.

Anna watched them walk away, standing in her same position before she took off, going off in the same way she had come. Even with her speed, she was able to look through all the nooks and crannies of the places she'd walked through, not being able to find anything. Which only meant one thing; her keys were at DQ.

She sighed, shaking her head in annoyance but going off to DQ anyways. When she got there, it was almost practically empty. There were only a few people around. That's when she spotted her neighbor Katie busing a nearby table.

"Hey, Katie!" Anna greeted, walking over to her.

"What's up, hun?" She asked.

"Have you seen any keys wandering around?" Anna inquired, looking at her hopefully.

"Actually yes, I recognized them as yours but some guy picked them up and said he would give them to you, he said he was a friend of yours," Katie replied.

Anna frowned, "Who?"

"He didn't give me a name," Katie shrugged. "But he's still here, he's sitting at one of the booths by the window. Black hair, gorgeous blue eyes, leather jacket, incredibly hot, you won't miss him, believe me," she chuckled.

"Alright," Anna chuckled, "Thanks, Katie."

Anna walked off, turning towards the window booths, eyes landing on a man with a leather jacket and black hair. His back was to her so she assumed that that wasn't even the right man but it wouldn't hurt to try. So she walked up to him, tapping his shoulder. He turned to face her, and yes, it was definitely him, his eyes were a gorgeous blue, almost hypnotizing.

"I was told-"

"You know," he started, cutting her off, "I haven't had a burger in forever, it's really good," he informed. "Eat," he ordered, shoving a plate of fries towards her.

"No thanks," Anna said slowly, "I've already eaten. But, you have my keys and I need them," she added.

"Don't be rude," he smirked, "Besides, we need to talk."

"I'm not hungry," Anna snapped, "Give me the keys and I'll listen."

He rolled his eyes, digging into the his jacket pocket and taking out the keys, handing them to her.

"Alright, tell me quick, I don't have time for this," Anna sighed, rolling her eyes.

"I know what you are," he said.