Chapter 14: Second year

The first few weeks went by without a hitch. Ray started the new school year with the rest of us. He attracted a lot of attention from his peers. After all, he was the first elf to attend the school, but since he is also pretty handsome, some girls seemed interested in him.

Jackson and I showed our relationship openly to everyone in school. A few students were sad that we were in a relationship and no longer single. Thankfully they weren't mean about it. They accepted our relationship and were happy about it. However, Ray seemed displeased with this situation for some reason.

Christopher had a timetable that was consistent with Priscilla's. They could finally spend some time together at the academy. She was super excited about it, and so were Lili and me. Lilian and Romane were flirting with each other all day, every day of the week. Max was still trying to hide from his fan club and started to find refuge with the animals, kept further away within the perimeter of the academy. Sebastian had begun a conquest of his own. He was seducing every girl in the academy for his pleasure. In addition, I managed to convince the director to let me keep Lucie in my company.

Of course, I don't remember all the details of the year. But some things stuck with me. Things started to go south towards the middle of the year. Let me explain. From the beginning of the second year, William showed interest in me. However, he started being more tactile. Of course, Jackson did not like that at all. After our sword fighting lessons, William kept touching me even though it was clear that I was not comfortable with it. Lilian tried to help but to no avail. Jackson was passing by and saw the scene. He came dashing, pushed William to the ground with all his might, and started to punch him. Once the teacher and some students managed to separate them, Jackson threw his handkerchief toward the son of Viscount Smith to challenge him to a duel. To not dishonor his family, William had no choice but to accept.

The duel took place a week after the requested battle. During that week, Jackson was allowed to train every day. I saw him whenever I could to be his moral support. I was surprised when I did not see one second of regret in this challenge that he requested. He was doing it to protect me, to show me that he could assure my safety.

All students and teachers watched the event. The moment the bell rang to signal the beginning of the fight, I could no longer focus on anything else than the safety of the one I love. During the duel, no use of magic was allowed, and no one was allowed to intervene until one of them forfeted or knocked out. The fight was fierce, and both of the men were slightly injured. Yet, everything changed when Jackson's sword broke. I immediately sensed that someone was using magic, and that person was William. He used magic to reinforce his sword, which made Jackson's sword break. The good thing is that Jackson has good reflexes. He managed to grasp the situation in a few seconds before taking action. Since William already thought he won, he was not as attentive and did not protect himself as much as before. Jackson took this opportunity to make a sweep under William. The Viscount's son fell to the ground ungracefully, and Jackson pressed his broken sword to his neck. William didn't have a choice but to forfeit. Everyone cheered at the victory of the third prince of Milvana while he was walking toward me. As I was about to congratulate him, he hugged me and kissed me in front of the crowd. They all started to cheer even louder while I was mirroring a tomato. On the other hand, Lucie was having none of that. My little friend started to attack my boyfriend by biting and kicking him. It was hilarious to watch this act, especially since Jackson had a hard time grabbing her.

At dinner time, the entire group was together. We all celebrated this victory. After dinner, we went outside, to our favorite spot to enjoy each other's company. Lilian and Sebastien were imitating the match that happened a few hours prior with the help of Lucie. I was in the arms of Jackson, watching the scene and laughing my heart out.